Celery Root and Carrot Remoulade
Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Toss this fresh-tasting salad with remoulade, a mayonnaise-based dressing that includes mustard, capers and herbs. Use store-bought mayonnaise or, if you prefer, homemade aioli; if you make your own aioli, you might not need all of the lemon juice called for here. Any leftover remoulade is delicious spread on sandwiches or combined with chicken salad.
- Printer Friendly Version
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs. whole-grain mustard
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice, plus more, to taste
- 1/4 cup capers, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, tarragon, chives,
chervil, and/or dill
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 medium celery roots, trimmed, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch julienne
- Aioli >
Directions:In a bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, whole-grain mustard, Dijon mustard, the 2 tsp. lemon juice, the capers and herbs. Season the remoulade with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, stir together the celery roots and carrots. Stir in the remoulade to taste. Adjust the seasonings with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Serves 6 to 8.
- All About Celery Root >
- All About Carrots