Grilled Asparagus with Pecorino and Pistachios
Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Fresh asparagus needs little adornment to showcase its delicate flavor. Here, thick spears are grilled until crisp-tender, then garnished with shaved pecorino romano cheese and chopped pistachios.
- Printer Friendly Version
- 2 bunches thick asparagus, tough ends trimmed and stems
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup (1 oz./30 g) roasted pistachios, roughly chopped
- Shaved pecorino romano cheese for serving
Wine PairingThis pairs well with crisp, medium-bodied white wines like the Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc, Napa County/Sonoma County from our Wine Club.
Directions:Prepare a hot fire in a grill.
In a large bowl, toss the asparagus with the 2 Tbs. olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the asparagus on the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until nicely grill-marked and crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
Transfer the asparagus to a platter. Top with the pistachios and cheese and drizzle with olive oil. Serves 4 to 6.
- All About Asparagus