Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Mushrooms en Papillote

Lobo
    Lobo

Mushrooms en Papillote Empty Mushrooms en Papillote

Post by Lobo Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:14 am

Mushrooms en Papillote Img25l
    Mushrooms en Papillote
    Mushrooms en Papillote Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 15 minutes
    Servings: 6
    Baking mushrooms in a sealed parchment packet, or en papillote, allows them to cook through without browning, as they would if sautéed. Serving them in the package makes an attractive presentation, as well as a flavorful partner to light poultry and fish dishes.

Ingredients:

• 1 Tbs. unsalted butter, plus 1 Tbs. unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
    • 1 lb. mushrooms, such as chanterelle, shiitake, trumpet, portobello or a mixture, brushed clean
    • 1/2 tsp. salt
    • 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
    • 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
    • 2 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 375°F.

Cut parchment paper into an 18-by-11-inch rectangle. Fold the rectangle in half crosswise. Open the parchment and coat with the 1 Tbs. butter. Place the rectangle, buttered side up, on a baking sheet.

Cut the mushrooms into bite-size pieces and place in a bowl. Add the salt, pepper, butter pieces, lemon juice and parsley and toss well. Spread the mushrooms over one half of the prepared parchment paper. Fold the other half of the parchment rectangle over the mushrooms and fold the vertical edges over twice, working your way along the edge of the paper to end with a twist on both ends. Place the package on a rimmed baking sheet.

Bake until the parchment packet is puffed and the mushrooms are cooked through, about 15 minutes. Transfer the parchment packet to a platter, carefully open the packet and serve immediately. Serves 4 to 6.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Essentials of French Cooking, by Georgeanne Brennan & Sarah Putnam Clegg (Oxmoor House, 2009).

Related Tips

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 12:25 am