Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Pickled Jalapeños and Carrots

Lobo
    Lobo

Pickled Jalapeños and Carrots Empty Pickled Jalapeños and Carrots

Post by Lobo Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:07 am

Pickled Jalapeños and Carrots Img6l
    Pickled Jalapeños and Carrots
    Pickled Jalapeños and Carrots Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 90 minutes
    Also called escabeche, this dish is served as a condiment with many Mexican meals. Set it out with your tacos or your favorite Tex-Mex food and let guests add as they please. The best part about this incredibly flavorful recipe is that the pickles only get better with time, so make this well in advance.

Ingredients:

• 1 1/2 cups (12 fl. oz./375 ml) distilled white vinegar
    • 1/4 cup (2 oz./60 g) sugar
    • 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
    • 1 bay leaf
    • 5 peppercorns
    • 3 jalapeño chiles, cut into 1/8-inch (3-mm) slices
    • 1 large carrot (about 4 oz./125 g), peeled and cut on the diagonal into 1⁄4-inch (6-mm) slices
    • 1/2 red onion, sliced

Directions:

In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, bay leaf and peppercorns and cook, stirring once or twice, until the sugar and salt dissolve, about 2 minutes.

Add the jalapeños, carrot and onion and reduce the heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, about 1 1/2 hours. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pickles to a serving bowl and let cool. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator, with enough pickling liquid to cover, for up to 2 weeks. Makes about 3 cups (18 oz./560 g).

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Taco Night, by Kate McMillan (Weldon Owen, 2014)

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 2:18 pm