Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Porcini in Cream (Funghi Porcini alla Crema)

Lobo
    Lobo

Porcini in Cream (Funghi Porcini alla Crema) Empty Porcini in Cream (Funghi Porcini alla Crema)

Post by Lobo Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:21 am

Porcini in Cream (Funghi Porcini alla Crema) Img71l
    Porcini in Cream (Funghi Porcini alla Crema)
    Porcini in Cream (Funghi Porcini alla Crema) Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 4 minutes
    Cook Time: 13 minutes
    Servings: 4
    Made with fresh porcini mushrooms, this is a luxurious dish, fit for a special occasion. Serve the mushrooms with a simple grilled steak or juicy veal chops. They also make a fine antipasto on toast, or you can toss them with freshly cooked fettuccine. If porcini are not available, use a mix of different fresh mushrooms, both wild and cultivated, such as white button, oyster, morel, chanterelle and others, in any combination.

Ingredients:

• 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
    • 1 lb. fresh porcini mushrooms, brushed clean
        and cut into slices 1/4 inch thick
    • 1 garlic clove, lightly crushed
    • Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
    • 3/4 cup heavy cream
    • 1 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

Porcini in Cream (Funghi Porcini alla Crema) Wine-pairing-icon-white

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with crisp, medium-bodied white wines like the Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc, Napa County/Sonoma County from our Wine Club.

Directions:

In a large fry pan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushroom juices have evaporated and the mushrooms are beginning to turn brown, about 10 minutes.

Discard the garlic clove and stir in the cream. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, and cook until the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.

Pour the mushrooms and cream into a warmed serving bowl and sprinkle with the chopped parsley. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
    Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Savoring Series, Savoring Italy, by Michele Scicolone (Time-Life Books, 1999).

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 10:17 am