Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Shaved Zucchini Salad with Almonds and Asiago

Lobo
    Lobo

Shaved Zucchini Salad with Almonds and Asiago  Empty Shaved Zucchini Salad with Almonds and Asiago

Post by Lobo Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:37 pm

Shaved Zucchini Salad with Almonds and Asiago  Img54l
    Shaved Zucchini Salad with Almonds and Asiago
     Shaved Zucchini Salad with Almonds and Asiago  Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 20 minutes
    Cook Time: 0 minutes
    Servings: 4
    Midway through summer, after author Jeanne Kelley has enjoyed plenty of zucchini—sautéed, grilled, pureed in soup and shredded in pancakes—she’s ready for a change but is still flush with zukes. Shaving raw zucchini for this pretty salad is inspired relief! Try using a mixture of green and golden zucchini; be sure to choose long, narrow squashes for the best ribbons. Serve as an elegant starter or a light side dish to grilled fish.

Ingredients:

• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    • 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice  
    • 1 garlic clove, pressed
    • 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, plus more, to taste
    • 3/4 lb. zucchini, trimmed
    • 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
    • Freshly ground pepper, to taste
    • 1 cup baby arugula leaves
    • 1 oz. Asiago cheese, shaved
    • 2 Tbs. almonds, toasted and chopped

Directions:

In a large, shallow serving bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and the 1/4 tsp. salt until the salt dissolves.

To make the zucchini ribbons, using a vegetable peeler, shave long strips of squash from the stem to the blossom end. Continue making ribbons until half of the zucchini is shaved, then turn the zucchini over and continue shaving ribbons from the opposite side. Transfer the ribbons to the bowl with the dressing.

Add the parsley to the zucchini, season with salt and pepper, and toss gently. Then gently toss the arugula into the zucchini mixture, and garnish with the cheese and almonds. Serve immediately. Serves 4.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Kitchen Garden Cookbook, by Jeanne Kelley (Weldon Owen, 2013).

Related Tips

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 9:23 am