Crostini with Butternut Squash, Goat Cheese and Sage
Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
Serve these savory bites with cocktails, or as precursor to a holiday meal. The crostini can be made a day in advance and stored at room temperature in a covered container.
- 1/2 baguette, cut into slices 1/4 inch (6 mm) thick
- Olive oil for brushing
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 lb. (125 g) winter squash such as acorn or kabocha squash, cut into slices 1/4 inch (6 mm) thick
- 1/4 cup (2 oz./60 g) fresh goat cheese
- Honey for drizzling
- Fresh sage leaves for garnish
- Crostini with Beef Tenderloin, Caramelized Onions and Blue Cheese >
- Crostini with Ricotta, Pears and Spiced Walnuts >
Directions:Preheat an oven to 350°F (180°C).
Arrange the baguette slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush the tops lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake until crisp and golden, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
Brush the squash slices on both sides with olive oil. In a stove-top grill pan over medium-high heat, in batches if necessary, arrange the squash in a single layer. Grill the squash, turning once, until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a platter and let cool.
To assemble, spread 2 tsp. of the goat cheese on each baguette slice. Top with one slice of squash and drizzle lightly with honey. Garnish with a sage leaf, season with salt and pepper and serve. Serves 6 to 8.
Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen