Write a Review
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 1 1/2 lb. well-trimmed boned shell of beef or
- 3/4 cup high-quality mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, plus more,
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice, plus more, to taste
- 2 to 3 Tbs. milk
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
Wine PairingThis pairs well with medium-bodied sparkling wines like the Val de Mer Brut Nature Rosé, Burgundy from our Wine Club.
Directions:Refrigerate the meat until well chilled.
In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Whisk in enough milk to make a thin sauce that just coats the back of a spoon. Season with salt and white pepper. Taste and add more Worcestershire sauce or lemon juice, as needed.
Remove the meat from the refrigerator. Using a razor-sharp knife, slice the meat paper-thin. Arrange the slices on 6 individual plates. Drizzle the sauce over the meat in a crosshatch pattern. Serve immediately. Serves 6.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma TASTE Magazine, "Arrigo's Venezia," by Faith Willinger (Spring 2002).