Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Kingston Old-Fashioned

Lobo
    Lobo

Kingston Old-Fashioned Empty Kingston Old-Fashioned

Post by Lobo Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:40 pm

Kingston Old-Fashioned Img3l
    Kingston Old-Fashioned
    Kingston Old-Fashioned Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Cook Time: 0 minutes
    Servings: 1
    In order to make this sublimely simple drink, which comes from San Francisco mixologists Greg Lindgren and Jon Gasparini, you’ll first need to make an oleo saccharum, a mixture of citrus oil and sugar that is the signature ingredient in classic 19th-century punches. Although the recipe makes more oleo saccharum than you will need, it will keep in the refrigerator for about a month.

Ingredients:

• 5 lemons
    • 1 cup (7 oz./220 g) superfine sugar
    • 2 oz. (60 ml) aged rum
    • Dash of Bittermens ‘Elemakule Tiki Bitters

Related Recipes

Directions:

To make the oleo saccharum, using a vegetable peeler, remove the zest from the lemons, leaving the white pith behind. Set aside one strip of zest for garnish. Place the remaining zest strips in a resealable plastic bag and add the sugar. Shake to combine, then set aside at room temperature until the zest has released its oils and a thick syrup has formed, 4 to 6 hours.

Pour the mixture into a fine-mesh sieve placed over a bowl, pressing on the peels with the back of a spoon to extract any remaining liquid. Discard the zest and transfer the liquid to a clean glass jar.

To make the drink, put a large ice cube in an old-fashioned glass. Pour in the rum, bitters, and a dash of the oleo saccharum. Stir until well chilled, garnish with the reserved lemon zest and serve immediately. Makes 1 drink.

Greg Lindgren and Jon Gasparini, Rye on the Road, San Francisco, CA

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:25 am