Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

What Happens to Cash When Governments Go Electronic?

Lobo
    Lobo

cash - What Happens to Cash When Governments Go Electronic? Empty What Happens to Cash When Governments Go Electronic?

Post by Lobo Mon 01 Feb 2016, 4:12 pm

Posted on February 1, 2016 by Martin Ar
    What Happens to Cash When Governments Go Electronic?
    mstrong

cash - What Happens to Cash When Governments Go Electronic? Euro-digital-electric
    QUESTION: Mr. Armstrong; What happens to paper money when the government moves electronic? Is it just cancelled? Does cash then become worthless?
    Thanks
    RD
    ANSWER: It appears that electronic currency will first arrive in Europe. The cash will be demonetized, so yes, it will become worthless. However, they will most likely give you a time window to redeem cash for electronic money. Keep in mind that this will produce a windfall for government. They are most likely going to tax anyone who cannot prove why they have cash.
    cash - What Happens to Cash When Governments Go Electronic? Trajan-Restitution-Gold-Aureus-r
    This is typical; it is not a modern invention. The Roman Emperor Trajan (98-117 AD) saw the treasury depleted with the cost of his Dacian War. The brilliant idea was to DEMONETIZE all older coinage prior to Nero’s reform in 64 AD. They declared the old coinage to be invalid for paying taxes. As a result, you had to turn it in under the pretense that it was worn. In truth, he reissued coins with 10% less silver content. So, he took in the old coins, melted them down, and thereby increased the money supply by 10%. This was the Great Restitution Issue of Trajan. Politics never change. The same responses can be cataloged in a book. Perhaps I will do that in my next life since I already have a lot on my plate for this one.
    This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged Demonetization, Electronic Currency by Martin Armstrong. Bookmark the permalink.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 9:34 pm