Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Raspberry Sauce

Lobo
    Lobo

Raspberry Sauce Empty Raspberry Sauce

Post by Lobo Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:37 am

Raspberry Sauce Img93l
    Raspberry Sauce
    Raspberry Sauce Rating

Read Reviews

Write a Review
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 5 minutes
    Servings: 12
    This sauce is delicious drizzled over ice cream. For a chunky sauce, do not blend the mixture in a blender or food processor. Instead, pour the syrup over the berries as directed and stir gently to mix without crushing too many berries. To make strawberry sauce, substitute frozen strawberries in light syrup for the raspberries.

Ingredients:

• 4 cups frozen raspberries in light syrup (2 bags,
        each 10 oz.)
    • 4 tsp. arrowroot
    • 1 Tbs. sugar or 1 Tbs. orange-flavored liqueur,
        such as Cointreau or Grand Marnier

Directions:

Put the raspberries in a sieve set over a bowl. Let thaw at room temperature until the juices are liquid but the berries are still partially frozen. Reserve 1 cup of the juice and transfer the berries to another bowl.

Put the arrowroot in a small cup and slowly stir in about 1 Tbs. of the raspberry juice until smooth. Pour the remaining juice into a small saucepan and stir in the arrowroot mixture and sugar (if using the liqueur, do not add it now). Heat over medium heat, stirring, until the syrup comes to a boil. Immediately remove from the heat; do not let it boil for more than 15 or 20 seconds. Add the liqueur. Pour the syrup over the berries and stir to combine.

Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and pulse to puree. Strain the sauce through a fine-mesh sieve into a stainless-steel bowl.

Cover the sauce and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours or up to 2 days. Makes about 2 cups.
    Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Collection Series, Ice Cream, by Mary Goodbody (Simon & Schuster, 2003).

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am