Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Nectarine-Raspberry Cobbler

Lobo
    Lobo

Nectarine-Raspberry Cobbler Empty Nectarine-Raspberry Cobbler

Post by Lobo Thu 04 Feb 2016, 10:54 pm

Nectarine-Raspberry Cobbler Img13l
    Nectarine-Raspberry Cobbler
    Nectarine-Raspberry Cobbler Rating

Read Reviews

Write a Review
    Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 35 minutes
    Servings: 8
    Prepare this dessert in summer, when fresh nectarines and raspberries are at their seasonal peak.

Ingredients:

• 4 nectarines, about 1 1/2 lb. total, halved, pitted and sliced
    • 1 cup raspberries
    • 1/2 cup sugar
    • 3/4 cup buttermilk
    • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
    • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
    • 1 tsp. baking powder
    • 1 tsp. baking soda
    • 1/2 tsp. salt
    • 6 Tbs. (3/4 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, plus 1 Tbs. melted butter
    • Vanilla ice cream for serving (optional)

Directions:

Mix the filling
    Preheat an oven to 375°F.

In a large bowl, gently stir together the nectarines, raspberries and 3 Tbs. of the sugar. Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish, spreading the fruit evenly.

Mix the topping
    In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and vanilla.

In a large bowl, stir together together the flour, 1/4 cup of the sugar, the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the cold butter until the mixture forms coarse crumbs about the size of peas. Add the buttermilk mixture and stir lightly until a soft dough forms.

Drop the dough by heaping spoonfuls onto the fruit, spacing it evenly; it will spread during baking. Brush the dough lightly with the melted butter, then sprinkle with the remaining 1 Tbs. sugar.

Bake the cobbler
    Bake until the filling is bubbling gently, the topping is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center of the topping comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Transfer the baking dish to a wire rack and let cool for about 15 minutes. Serve the cobbler warm with scoops of vanilla ice cream. Serves 8.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Desserts, by Elinor Klivans (Oxmoor House, 2007).

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 12:29 pm