Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Whole Wheat Pitas

Lobo
    Lobo

Whole Wheat Pitas Empty Whole Wheat Pitas

Post by Lobo Fri 12 Feb 2016, 10:56 pm

Whole Wheat Pitas Img52l
    Whole Wheat Pitas
    Whole Wheat Pitas Rating

Read Reviews

Write a Review
    Prep Time: 35 minutes
    Cook Time: 5 minutes
    Servings: 12
    These pitas can be stored for up to 3 days in an airtight container or for 2 months in the freezer.

Ingredients:

• 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
    • 1 Tbs. active dry yeast
    • 1 tsp. sugar
    • 1 cup whole wheat flour
    • 3 cups white bread flour
    • 1 tsp. salt
    • 2 Tbs. olive oil

Directions:

Put 1/2 cup of the lukewarm water in a small bowl and stir in the yeast and sugar. Cover and let stand in a warm place until foamy, about 10 minutes.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, stir together the whole wheat and bread flours and salt. Pour in the yeast mixture, olive oil and the remaining 1 cup lukewarm water. Using the paddle attachment, mix until a dough forms. Fit the mixer with the dough hook and knead until the dough is elastic and springs back when gently pressed, about 10 minutes.

Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a dish towel, and let stand in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.

Preheat a pizza or baking stone in a 450°F oven for 30 minutes. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.

Punch down the dough and turn it out onto a clean, lightly floured surface. Form into a log and cut into 12 equal pieces. Working with 1 piece at a time and keeping the remaining pieces covered, roll out each piece of dough into an oval or circle, about 1⁄8 inch thick. Place on the prepared baking sheets, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and let rest in a warm place for 20 minutes.

Working in batches, carefully place 3 or 4 pitas flat on the preheated pizza stone and bake until fully puffed and slightly browned, about 3 minutes. Keep the pitas warm in a slightly damp towel while cooking the remaining pitas. Makes 12 pitas.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma TASTE Magazine, "Lunch on the Porch," by Donata Maggipinto (Summer 2002).

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 2:26 pm