Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Grilled Emmer Flatbread

Lobo
    Lobo

Grilled Emmer Flatbread Empty Grilled Emmer Flatbread

Post by Lobo Sat 13 Feb 2016, 8:20 pm

Grilled Emmer Flatbread Img87l
    Grilled Emmer Flatbread
    Grilled Emmer Flatbread Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 10 minutes
    Servings: 8
    Charring brings out the toasty flavor of the grains. Enjoy this flatbread hot off the grill or spread with yogurt and fresh herbs.

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs. dark beer, at room temperature
    • 1/2 cup water, at room temperature
    • 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. active dry yeast
    • 2 cups finely ground emmer wheat
    • 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
    • 2 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
    • 2 Tbs. sugar
    • 1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing

Directions:

In a small bowl, stir together the beer, water and yeast. Let stand until slightly foamy, about 10 minutes.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook, beat together the ground emmer wheat, all-purpose flour, salt and sugar on low speed until combined, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the beer mixture and the olive oil, increase the speed to medium and beat until the dough forms a ball, about 10 minutes.

Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and divide into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball. Using your hands, press each ball into a flat round, about 1/2 inch thick, and place on a floured baking sheet. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and place in a warm spot (about 80°F) until the rounds of dough have risen and increased in size by about one-third, and have a soft and lightly springy texture, about 45 minutes.

Prepare a hot fire in a grill or preheat a stovetop grill pan over high heat.

Lightly brush both sides of the flatbread with olive oil. Grill, turning once, until the flatbread is nicely marked on both sides and is cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Makes 8 grilled flatbread.

Recipe Courtesy of Dan Barber, Blue Hill.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 6:33 am