Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Emmer Scones

Lobo
    Lobo

Emmer Scones Empty Emmer Scones

Post by Lobo Mon 15 Feb 2016, 10:20 pm

Emmer Scones Img48l
    Emmer Scones
    Emmer Scones Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 20 minutes
    Servings: 8
    Serve these rustic scones with jam and your morning coffee.

Ingredients:

• 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbs. buttermilk
    • 1/4 cup sour cream
    • 1 egg
    • 3/4 cup finely ground emmer wheat
    • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
    • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
    • 3 Tbs. baking powder
    • 1/2 tsp. table salt
    • 8 Tbs. (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
    • 4 tsp. coarse sugar, such as demerara or turbinado

Directions:

In a small bowl, whisk together the 1/4 cup buttermilk, the sour cream and egg. Set aside.

In the bowl of a food processor, combine the ground emmer wheat, all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt and pulse 3 or 4 times. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture has a sand-like consistency, 8 to 10 times. Turn the food processor on and slowly add the buttermilk mixture, processing until the dough comes together. It will be slightly wet.

Turn the dough out onto a well-floured surface and dust with a little more flour. Using your hands, shape the dough into a 6-inch square, about 1 inch thick. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Preheat an oven to 375°F.

Remove the baking sheet from the refrigerator and cut the dough into 4 equal squares. Cut each square in half diagonally to create 8 triangle-shaped scones. Arrange the scones on the baking sheet, spacing them evenly apart, and lightly brush the tops with the 1 Tbs. buttermilk. Sprinkle each scone with about 1/2 tsp. coarse sugar.

Bake until the scones are golden on the edges and a toothpick inserted into the center of a scone comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer the scones to a wire rack and let cool before serving. Makes 8 scones.

Recipe Courtesy of Dan Barber, Blue Hill.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 5:33 am