Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

2016 Food Prices Up – BUT WAIT – What About Peanut Butter?

Lobo
    Lobo

2016 Food Prices Up – BUT WAIT – What About Peanut Butter? Empty 2016 Food Prices Up – BUT WAIT – What About Peanut Butter?

Post by Lobo Fri 18 Mar 2016, 4:56 pm

2016 Food Prices Up – BUT WAIT – What About Peanut Butter?

Love avocados, bacon, and chocolate? Too bad. Those are just a few of the things you can expect to pay more for this year, thanks to droughts, increased demand, and, possibly those hipster millennials.
    BUT WAIT.. There’s More!
    2016 Food Prices Up – BUT WAIT – What About Peanut Butter? L.L.-Bean-Duck-BootsHow many out there wear L.L. Bean Duck Boots?
    L.L.Bean can’t keep up with demand for its classic duck boots. Yahoo Style reports that the retailer is sold out of women’s size 8 snow boots and most other sizes for both men and women aren’t available. 100,000 people are already on the wait list for boots, and L.L.Bean’s website warns that they are in “extremely limited supply.”
    I have have been looking over the food reports and it is interesting to see what is in short supply.
    Bourbon
    Buffalo Trace announced that a shortage is “very real.” Within the last five years, sales of domestic bourbon have increased 36%, and while there’s no minimum aging time for bourbon, most are aged for at least two years or longer. (Buffalo Trace, for example, ages its whiskey for 4 to 23 years.)
    Why do I report this? If you have read my book “STCS – The Poor man’s guide to preserving your wealth” (if you are interested, ask me how you can get a copy)
    In it I say that bourbon, Scotch and other whiskies are good investments because there is a higher demand. You just can’t pump out these adult beverages, they need time to age and over the years the demand has grown due to TV shows like “Mad Men” and other “retro” sort of things that are spurring the millennials along with all the others who have come to enjoy their 5 o’clock highball after work. Buy some, stick it in the closet and when you need some extra cash, pull one bottle out and sell it for 25% + more than what you purchased it for. There will always be a market for this.
    Beef and Pork (Yes, Bacon Too)
    2016 Food Prices Up – BUT WAIT – What About Peanut Butter? Bacon-300x162Remember the bacon shortage panic of 2012? While those reports were exaggerated, the price of bacon has increased, hitting an all-time high in 2015.
    It’s not entirely the fault of hipsters and foodies. People forgot that a pig-killing virus and higher feed costs have been causing the bacon and pork price hike.
    Higher feed prices are also affecting beef prices. Have you been to a name brand steak house recently? Chipotle has even reported that customers are opting for chicken instead of steak after the chain’s menu prices changed to reflect the rising beef costs. Beef and pork prices will continue to increase in 2016.
    Avocados
    2015 was a very hard year and it became the year of the avocado shortage. Why? Primary because people are eating too many of them. Yeah, it is true. With all the great health benefits Avocados have, people are catching on and the demand is taking its toll. Rise in demand, rise in price.
    Chocolate
    Ok ladies, you might need to be sitting down when you read this on.
    2016 Food Prices Up – BUT WAIT – What About Peanut Butter? Cocoa-300x169Top chocolate manufacturers have warned of a cocoa shortage for several years now. Well guess what, it has caught up to us.
    WHY? Well there is a three fold issue going on. Remember Ebola? Well those Ebola-stricken countries produce only 7% of the world’s cocoa. Couple that with an ongoing West African drought AND an increasing worldwide demand for chocolate. Chocolate prices have already been starting to rise and who knows how high they will go. The hardest hit arena is the small artisan chocolate makers who use quality ingredients and also us more cocoa for dark chocolate.
    One story that I read stated that that candy makers will use less chocolate and more of other ingredients like nuts and raisins, for example. By doing this it will help keep costs down, while others will use cheaper ingredients, like palm oil, coconut oil to help spread out the cocoa.
    Why report on this? Resurrection Sunday (easter) and if you let your kids indulge in the little chocolate eggs, look for them to be a tad smaller and the price of those eggs to be ¼ higher this year.
    Coffee
    Last year, coffee prices were expected to drop, but a drought in Brazil, which is the world’s largest coffee producer caused prices to increase among brands like Folgers, Dunkin’ Donuts, Maxwell House, Gevalia, and Starbucks.
    I found this interesting. Last year Smucker’s, which owns Folgers, raised their price of a can of coffee by $2. Interestingly enough they said it was a “misstep.” But have prices come down? Nope and in fact with the popularity of the Keurig, we will see prices increase even more, probably close to 10% for for Maxwell House, Yuban, Gevalia, and McCafe single-serve K-Cup packs.
    Olive Oil
    Brazil and West Africa weren’t the only areas affected by drought this past year. Italian olive growers have weathered what they called the worst year in memory, decreasing olive oil output from Italy is down a HUGE 37%. Spain, the top olive oil exporter to the U.S. and Japan, suffered a drought that’s expected to raise prices worldwide.
    If I were you, I would stock up on olive oil so that you have at least a year’s worth in your pantry. Odds are that we will be seeing the price of olive oil double this year. So buy now while the prices are “low”.
    Good News – What Is Down in Price?
    2016 Food Prices Up – BUT WAIT – What About Peanut Butter? Peanut-butter-shelfThis was something that in my research that I found pretty interesting. The one thing that I did not expect to be down in price is peanut butter.
    Come to find out that there has been a glut in the peanut industry and companies have been cutting prices for their great peanut spread.
    Like any good stock market person would say “buy low – sell high.”
    Now is the time to pack the pantry with peanut butter. It is super high in protein and it has a rather long shelf life. You may see the oil separate, but hey, all you have to do is stir it up and it is good as new again.
    Gold & Silver Down
    Another thing that is down in price and I have been telling people that they need to start purchasing is gold and silver. In fact, more silver than gold because the gold to silver ratio is sitting around 80 – 1. That means that it takes 80 ounces of silver to buy once ounce of gold.
    Eventually the gold to silver ratio will come back to normal and when it does, it should be sitting around 15 – 1.
    What does that mean?
    It means that if you buy silver now, and when the correction does take place, and it eventually will, you will be able to buy more gold because you have a lot of silver on hand.
    Like it or not our economy is in the tank. Sooner or later this WILL catch up to us and the markets will tumble. A natural adjustment will take place and gold and silver will come back into their historical norms of 15 – 1.
    This is a FACT. History proves this over and over again. What people need to understand is that gold and silver are NOT investments. They are mediums of wealth and a means to hedge against inflation.
    Where To Buy Gold & Silver?
    2016 Food Prices Up – BUT WAIT – What About Peanut Butter? Renaissance-Precious-MetalsI recommend Renaissance Precious Metals – You can go to their website at http://www.sqmetals.com. This is Steve Quayle’s precious metals site and where I recommend you purchasing your precious metals. Steve Quayle has been a leading voice for decades, promoting the acquisition of gold and precious metals. Many economists and futurists are predicting a global collapse of the dollar, which would send gold, silver and other precious metals soaring in value
    The gold to silver ratio is approximately 80 – 1 . So what we are doing is acquiring silver. We do not know what shape the US economy will be in. In fact with the Mid-East war about to erupt, the intelligence agencies are saying that the US can come under an oil embargo much worse than in the 1970s. If oil is used as a weapon and the dollar is dumped in lieu of the EURO, the paper you have in your pocket may not be worth much at all.
    So What Can We Do?
    Knowing that food prices are going to go up drastically, what we need to do is create a “hedge” against inflation.
    How we do this is by “investing” our money in food now vs later paying for higher priced food.
    For example, ground beef is $7.50 a lb now. We believe that it will probably hit $15.00 a lb by end of this summer. So what we do is stock up on ground beef now.
    When you are at the store look for sales in the beef area and if you see some good prices, then purchase some extra.
    But we do not stop there, stock up on Peanut Butter as well. We KNOW that peanut butter is sitting at a good price right now, so estimate how many jars of peanut butter your family uses per month and then go out and buy a years supply.
    Some of you may be thinking “Oh my.. a years supply??”
    If you are like us, a years supply is about 12-14 large jars of peanut butter.
    In fact just checking the Walmart Website I see that you can get a 28 oz jar of Skippy Peanut Butter for $4.13 a jar.
    A year’s supply would be 14 jars would be about $57.00. HEY… money saved is money earned. You will not have to buy Skippy Peanut Butter for a year. That is money that you will not spend that you can then apply to other areas.
    Not convinced? Let me ask you this – Would you rather spend that now or spend the same amount and only get 7 jars around September / October 2016 time frame?
    Prices will probably climb by then.
    Now if you do not have the $125.00 to spend now, what you need to do then is buy in “baby steps.” Purchase just one or two jars every time you go to the store.
    I have always promoted the baby step idea and it truly works.
    We Bought A Lot – Now What?
    Let’s say that you have gone out an purchased a large amount of beef, pork, bacon. How do you store all this?
    Well there are several ways.
    2016 Food Prices Up – BUT WAIT – What About Peanut Butter? FoodsaverFirst there is freezing, and the best tool to use to freeze with is the Foodsaver. This is a tool ever prepper kitchen needs to have. This is a home vacuum sealer that costs around $80.00+. You can pick it up at Walmart as well as buy it from Amazon. If you have Amazon Prime, that means shipping is free and you also do not pay sales tax on the item.
    You can divide up your meat and then put them in individual bags. Suck the air out of them and get a real good vacuum seal. Once sealed mark the bag and date it and then put it in your freezer. The Foodsaver people say that you can keep beef of over a year in the freezer. There isn’t any freezer burn and the meat stays fresh.
    SPECIAL NOTE – you can vacuum seal a lot of things. For example, make your own first aid kits, home made MREs to your liking. Put family photo, a new testament, some cash and a few other things and make it a quick bug out package that is quick to grab and stuff in your pocket. You can even vacuum seal an AR-15 and say cache it somewhere that only you know where it is located. The Food Saver is not only for food.
    Second there is dehydrating, and the best tool to use is the Excalibur Food Dehydrator. This is one of my favorite kitchen prepper tools out there. I use my dehydrator quite a bit. More so than freezing in fact. You are able to marinade your beef, cut it in strips and then dehydrate the beef, AKA..Beef Jerky.
    2016 Food Prices Up – BUT WAIT – What About Peanut Butter? Excalibur-9-tray-2900-smBut what is great is that you can create different marinades that have different flavors, spices, etc and then make jerky out of it.
    Once you have made your beef jerky, I have found that putting into a mason jar with an oxygen absorber will help keep the beef jerky for some time.
    How you use this is by re-hydrating it, using it in soups, stews, casseroles, sauces, just about any way that you would use and cook standard beef.
    The great thing is that the beef is already seasoned and will help add more flavor to the items you are preparing.
    Now the dangers of this is that your family will eat all the beef jerky before you can use it. This is what happens a lot here at the Gano home, so make sure you make extra to compensate for the pantry raids that will be conducted. Another interesting thing is that the beef jerky will disappear and no one in the house will know who ate it all. I am sure that “Mr. Idunno” lives at your house as well. He seems to be the culprit most of the times.
    Finally there is canning your beef. One of the best ways to do this is to cook up your ground beef, beef strips or cubed beef and then can it in some sort of brine type liquid.
    There is a lot of mystery in doing this and people are afraid of getting food poisoning. But if you follow your instructions in your canning cook book, you will do fine, the canned meat will be safe to eat and you will have meat that will last several years in the jar.
    2016 Food Prices Up – BUT WAIT – What About Peanut Butter? All-American-21-Quart-Pressure-cannerNow the tool that I recommend you to use for this is the All-American 21-1/2-Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner. The best prices that I have found these were actually at Amazon. You can purchase one for just over $200.00. The average cost is usually over $220-$235.00+.
    What I like about the All American-21 is that not only can you use it canning, but you can also cook a full dinner in it in about 15 minutes.
    In fact if you raise chickens and have wondered what to do with all those roosters that missed the ax at 90 days old, the pressure cooker is a great way to cook these tough birds and when they come out, they are very tasty and tender.
    You can then pressure can the meat and use the broth that it was prepared in as the brine all in the same All American-21 pressure canner.
    Now I know that there are some of you out there that are saying ” But Ray, I don’t know how to can.”
    Well I will share with you how we learned. We purchased a great DVD series titled “Food Storage Secrets.” In fact we liked the series so much we now offer it on the Prophezine website.
    With this series you get the 2-DVD set, “Food Storage Secrets”as well as another DVD titled “Food Dehydrating Secrets.” On top of that they also include a 63 page canning book that goes along with the DVD series.
    All this costs $39.95 plus $5.00 shipping and handling.
    This is how Tracye and I learned how to can up some of our food stores. I highly recommend this series for anyone who is starting out learning how to can.  To learn more, click on the DVD picture and it will take you to the website.
    2016 Food Prices Up – BUT WAIT – What About Peanut Butter? March-Madneess-Sale-PZ-300x180FINALLY – Take advantage of THRIVE Life’s March Madness Sale and stock up on your food. It is going on NOW from March 17th to March 21st.
    All food products are marked down, but here are a few of the best prices that I found…
    Fruits
    Granny Smith Apples $11.49 (Reg. $21.89)
    Blueberries $30.79 (Reg. $39.59)
    Pears $33.59 (Reg. $50.39)
    Raspberries $20.99 (Reg. $31.49)
    Whole Strawberries $19.69 (Reg. 31.19)
    Sliced Strawberries $17.69 (Reg. 26.59)
    Veggies
    Celery $21.39 (Reg. 27.49)
    Mushrooms $20.29 (Reg. $28.09)
    Chopped Onions $13.99 (Reg. $17.99)
    Green Bell Peppers $22.09 (Reg. 29.09)
    Dairy
    Cheddar Cheese $38.29 (Reg. 49.29)
    Monterey Jack $40.29 (Reg. 51.79)
    Mozzarella Cheese $38.09 (Reg. 48.99)
    Parmesan $35.09 (Reg. 52.69)
    Instant Milk $20.29 (Reg. 24.29)
    Proteins
    Beef Dices $45.09 (Reg. 65.89)
    Seasoned Chicken Slices $49.49 (Reg $58.79)
    Scrambled Eggs $59.49 (Reg. 76.49)
    Sausage Crumbles $44.09 (Reg. 56.69)
    By buying in bulk, you will save a lot of money.
    Cooking With Thrive Food is REALLY Easy
    As I have stated before, cooking with Thrive Life Food is really easy.
    Here are a couple of videos of me showing you how to cook with Thrive Food.
    Turkey Bone Prepper Soup  -in this video I am making turkey soup using bones and my freeze dried veggies from my THRIVE.  –  https://youtu.be/L5yI2hxoknw
    Vegetable Quiche – In this video I create two vegetable quiches using only THRIVE Freeze Dried Food. In this you will see how easy it is to prepare food using your prep supplies.  –  https://youtu.be/RUrfHL97vAk
    If I can help answer any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.
    Conclusion
    The world is feeling the famine that drought, floods, excess snow has produced. Prices of food will go up, that is a fact. But if you plan now and start building up your pantry by “investing” in food; you will create a hedge against inflation that will free up resources so that you can then create other hedges such as dairy products, veggies, fruits, etc.
    All that we are doing is just what our grand parents and great grand parents used to do. It was un-imaginable to not have at least a years worth of food storage in the days before the grocery store. Everyone canned and everyone dehydrated.
    In fact do you know that God even told Noah to store up food?
    Genesis 6:21-22  And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.
    22  Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.
    Folks, Noah knew that hard times were coming. Like Noah, we have a chance to also store up in our family’s “ark” food that will create a hedge against inflation.
    We KNOW that higher prices are coming, we can either learn from our examples like Noah, Joseph and others in scripture, or we can pay much higher prices down the road.
    Be prudent, be practical, but above all…be prepared.
    http://raygano.com/2016-food-prices-up-but-wait-what-about-peanut-butter/

Current date/time is Mon 27 May 2024, 10:32 pm