Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Thousands of people protest in Iceland after prime minister refuses to resign over Panama Papers dis

Lobo
    Lobo

Thousands of people protest in Iceland after prime minister refuses to resign over Panama Papers dis Empty Thousands of people protest in Iceland after prime minister refuses to resign over Panama Papers dis

Post by Lobo Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:18 pm

Thousands of people protest in Iceland after prime minister refuses to resign over Panama Papers disclosures

REUTERS/Stigtryggur JohannssonPeople demonstrate against Iceland's prime minister, Sigmundur Gunnlaugsson, in Reykjavik, Iceland, on April 4 after a leak of documents, the so-called Panama Papers, stoked anger over his wife owning a tax-haven-based company with large claims on the country's collapsed banks.
    Thousands have taken to the streets of Reykjavik to call for Icelandic Prime Minister Sigmundur Gunnlaugsson to step down after leaked documents linked him to an offshore company that apparently posed a conflict of interest, according to The Associated Press.
    The connection was revealed in the Panama Papers, a leak of 11.5 million documents from a Panamanian law firm, Mossack Fonseca, that appeared to show connections between world leaders, including Gunnlaugsson, and offshore shell companies.
    The prime minister walked out of an interview on Sunday when he was asked about the relationship he and his wife had with the offshore company Wintris.
    He was pressed specifically about reportedly selling a company in the British Virgin Islands to his wife for $1 — the day before a law passed in Iceland that would have required him to make public his holdings.
    Now thousands of people in Iceland are furious, calling for Gunnlaugsson's resignation and a vote of no confidence from the country's parliament.
    "I'm here to show the authorities my disrespect," one protester told Bloomberg. "It is unacceptable that the people that govern the country and enact laws can't seem to follow the rules of society they create themselves and want the public to follow."
    http://www.businessinsider.com/iceland-protests-panama-papers-sigmundur-gunnlaugsson-2016-4?utm_source=feedburner&%3Butm_medium=referral&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+businessinsider+%28Business+Insider%29

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:54 am