Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Egypt court sentences Brotherhood leader to life

Lobo
    Lobo

Egypt court sentences Brotherhood leader to life Empty Egypt court sentences Brotherhood leader to life

Post by Lobo Mon 30 May 2016, 3:52 pm

Egypt court sentences Brotherhood leader to life

By AFP
    Published: May 30, 2016

The Head and Supreme Guide of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood, Mohammed Badie.

CAIRO:

An Egyptian court Monday sentenced the Muslim Brotherhood’s leader and 35 other people to life in prison over violent clashes after the army overthrew Islamist president Mohamed Morsi, a judicial official said.

Egypt court postpones Morsi espionage verdict

Mohamed Badie, the Brotherhood’s supreme guide, has already been sentenced to death and prison terms in other trials.

The court also sentenced 48 defendants to jail terms ranging from three to 15 years, and acquitted 20 others.

The authorities have arrested thousands of Brotherhood leaders and members, including Morsi, since his ouster by the army in 2013.

Hundreds have been sentenced to death, although many have appealed and won retrials.

Outrage in Egypt over justice minister’s prophet remark

On Monday, the court convicted Badie and the other defendants of involvement in clashes in the Suez Canal city of Ismailiya that killed three people.

The country was rocked by violence for weeks after Morsi’s supporters set up protest camps and demonstrated against his overthrow.

The police killed hundreds of his supporters in clashes, including more than 600 on August 14, 2013 as they dispersed a Cairo protest camp.

Egypt detains satirist over video mocking government

Morsi, a senior Brotherhood leader, had won the country’s first free election in 2012, more than a year after a popular uprising ousted veteran strongman Hosni Mubarak.

His rule was divisive and millions held protests in Cairo demanding his resignation, prompting the army to overthrow and detain him.
    http://world.einnews.com/article/328546094/dArOuX2wkz--j33a

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 3:17 am