Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo Announces Executive Order Against Anti-Israel BDS Movement

Lobo
    Lobo

NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo Announces Executive Order Against Anti-Israel BDS Movement Empty NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo Announces Executive Order Against Anti-Israel BDS Movement

Post by Lobo Sun 05 Jun 2016, 4:16 pm

NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo Announces Executive Order Against Anti-Israel BDS Movement

Jun. 5, 2016 2:02pm Carly Hoilman

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Sunday that the state will be taking firm stance against the anti-Israel Boycott, Divestments and Sanctions (BDS) movement.

Rather than pursuing legislation, Cuomo signed an executive order directing state agencies to cease doing business with any group that associates itself with BDS protesters.

The governor announced the order ahead of the annual Celebrate Israel Parade in Midtown, Manhattan, Sunday morning.

Cuomo asserted that the BDS movement wages “economic attack[s]” against Israel, and that New York and Israel must both work to combat their “common enemy.”

“If you boycott against Israel, New York will boycott you,” Cuomo said. “If you divert revenues from Israel, New York will divert revenues from you. If you sanction Israel, New York will sanction you.”

Cuomo became the first governor in the country to sign an executive order denouncing the BDS movement, which got its start about a decade ago with a group of pro-Palestine activists. BDS opponents have deemed the movement anti-Semitic.

“This order sends the message that this state will do everything in its power to end this hateful, intolerant campaign. New York and Israel share an unbreakable bond and I pray that the Israeli and Palestinian people will find a way to live side by side and find peace, prosperity and security,” the governor said Sunday.

In 2014, Cuomo visited Israel in an act of solidarity with the country following its month-long war with Hamas.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/06/05/ny-gov-andrew-cuomo-announces-executive-order-against-anti-israel-bds-movement/?utm_source=TheBlaze.com&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=story&utm_content=ny-gov-andrew-cuomo-announces-executive-order-against-anti-israel-bds-movement

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 5:33 am