Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The Guardian: 3.5 million Iraqi children school age are not enrolled in education

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

The Guardian: 3.5 million Iraqi children school age are not enrolled in education Empty The Guardian: 3.5 million Iraqi children school age are not enrolled in education

Post by Rocky Mon 04 Jul 2016, 3:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

 translation Abdul Khaliq Ali 

A new report by UNICEF , the United Nations reported that one out of every five children in Iraq are exposed to the risk of death, injury, sexual violence, recruitment into armed groups, while a nearly 1,500 children abducted from the streets or from their homes since 2014. 
    The organization says that 3.6 million children are facing these risks - an increase of 1.3 million children in 18 months. One - third of Iraq 's children - 4.7 million - in need of humanitarian assistance, where things aregetting worse after fierce fighting in the city of Fallujah. 
    Says Peter Hawkins, the WHO Representative in Iraq, he said that "children in Iraq are standing the middle of the line of fire as they always are targeted mercilessly. Appeal all parties to show restraint and respect for and protection of children, and we have to help to give children the support they need to recover from the ravages of war to contribute to build a more peaceful and prosperous. " the 
    report says that" 10% of Iraqi children (1.5 million children) were forced to flee their homes since theintensification of fighting in 2014. " 
    He added Hawkins that" conflict presents the children of Iraq to the horror daily basis, and are not addressed immediately, the young minds - inhabited by fear and hatred - can slip into a spiral of despair and darkness and a sense of helplessness, and you will learn, play and ambition thing of the past . " the 
    United Nations has warned that the fight against Daash may be forced 2.3 million people to leave their homes. And a senior military commander said Sunday that Iraqi forces were expelled Daash of Fallujah after a month - long forced tens of thousands of people to live in camps on the outskirts of the city, and now there are 80 thousand people lacked food, water and shelter in temporary camps. The United Nations said it was indire need of funds in order to help them, and perhaps there are more of them with the expansion of thefighting. In turn , UNICEF says it has documented the deaths of 838 children since 2014 and injured 794, but only that the number is probably higher. Also achieved the kidnapping of 1496 children - an average of 50 each month - since the beginning of 2014. 
    He said Hawkins that "children kidnapped from their homes, schools and streets is horrible, where Antzaaohm from their families as they are exposed to mistreatment and abuses and exploitation sickening." 
    The report also mentions girls abducted more vulnerable to sexual assault, especially those belonging to religious and ethnic communities, as stated in the report , " it has been documenting the use of sexual violence and brutal treatment of women and girls, as was the kidnapping of many of them and detained for months and sold into sexual slavery and subjected to rape, torture and ill - treatment." 
    the boys often what they are forced to support front - line activities in the conflict as fighters or suicide bombers. "documented Organization 124 cases of child recruitment since 2014, but the actual number may be larger than that. 
    the other threat to children is the thousands of mines and improvised explosive scattered across the country. the report says security forces in Diyala dismantled at least 18 bomb was hidden in children 's toys along theroute used by families fleeing the fighting. 
    the organization says that in addition to physical danger, the children face devastating psychological trauma have implications for life. Says faithful - 10 IDP years of Baiji , " the glass doors have smashed in our house as a result of the shelling, I do not like planes because her voice noisy and fills me with fear, cry when now I remember it and sometimes I can not sleep, I want to stay next to my father." 
    Because of the loss of a lot of families of the means of livelihood , many children are forced to work or Tsoejehm an early age. The organization says that there are currently 975 A girl in Iraq are married under theage of fifteen, while there are nearly 575 thousand children work to earn a living - double the number in 1990.She adds that one of every five schools deserted because of the conflict and 3.5 million children have missed school age education. The organization continues as saying that attacks on schools and medical institutions must stop, and must be able to relief organizations access to children without hindrance, including present in areas not under government control. , 
    And calls for the organization to improve and provide psychosocial support education services. Money isrunning out and this led to a decline in support to save the lives of children, and the organization is seeking $ 100 million to continue its work in Iraq in 2016. 
    The report warns that " the consequences of inaction today will appear for many years to come. Iraq 'schildren of today are the builders of the future teachers, nurses and doctors, lawyers, workers and farmers and scientists and technicians. failure to protect them and take care of them now will lead to grave social and economic costs that result in a threat to the future of the country. "

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 27 Sep 2024, 6:18 pm