Source: Pentagon releases 15 more Gitmo detainees
WASHINGTON — The Obama administration has approved the release of 15 detainees from the prison camps at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to the United Arab Emirates, a move derided Monday night by a leading member of Congress as reckless.
Rep. Ed Royce, the California Republican who chairs the Foreign Affairs Committee, called the released detainees “hardened terrorists” who will be a threat for years.
“In its race to close Gitmo, the Obama administration is doubling down on policies that put American lives at risk,” Royce said in a statement. “Once again, hardened terrorists are being released to foreign countries where they will be a threat.”
The Pentagon, in a statement, said an inter-agency review board considered their potential threat to security and unanimously approved six of the 15 for release, A consensus was reached on release of the remaining nine. There are 61 detainees remaining at Guantanamo.
According to the Pentagon, the 15 prisoners are
- Abd al-Muhsin Abd al-Rab Salih al-Busi,
- Abd al-Rahman Sulayman,
- Mohammed Nasir Yahi Khussrof Kazaz,
- Abdul Muhammad Ahmad Nassar al-Muhajari,
- Muhammad Ahmad Said al-Adahi,
- Abdel Qadir al-Mudafari,
- Mahmud Abd Al Aziz al-Mujahid,
- Saeed Ahmed Mohammed Abdullah Sarem Jarabh,
- Mohammed Kamin,
- Zahar Omar Hamis bin Hamdoun,
- Hamid al-Razak (aka Haji Hamidullah),
- Majid Mahmud Abdu Ahmed,
- Ayub Murshid Ali Salih,
- Obaidullah, and
- Bashir Nasir Ali al-Marwalah.
Six of the 15 — al-Busi, Sulayman, Kazaz, al-Muhajari, al-Adahi, and al-Mudafari — were unanimously recommended for release by the inter-agency Guantanamo Review Task Force, the Pentagon said.
The other nine were recommended for release by the periodic review boards monitoring Guantanamo prisoners, the Pentagon said.
CNN reported three are from Afghanistan and twelve from Yemen. None can be returned to their countries due to ongoing terrorism but won’t be far from the jihad in the UAE. Or to the refugee flow into Europe.
The media won’t tell the world who these Muslim jihadis are, but readers can look up the backgrounds and recommendations on these terrorists. Most contain the phrase, “likely to pose a threat to the U.S.”
A few samples courtesy of @CounterJihadUS:
Please Share & Help Wake America Up
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- 34Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)34
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- [url=whatsapp://send?text=Obama Releases 15 More Jihadists From %23Gitmo https%3A%2F%2Fcreepingsharia.wordpress.com%2F2016%2F08%2F16%2Fobama-releases-15-more-jihadists-from-gitmo%2F]Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)[/url]
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- 1Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)1
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)