Oct. 7, 2016 8:12pm Tré Goins-Phillips
Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus has reacted to newly released video of Donald Trump speaking explicitly in 2005 about how he had made sexual advances toward women.
The GOP presidential candidate shared the comments during a conversation with former “Access Hollywood” host Billy Bush.
In a brief statement Friday night, Priebus said no woman should “ever” be described with the words Trump used. In the video, first obtained by the Washington Post, Trump told Bush he could “do anything” because he’s famous, including “grab” women “by the p***y.”
“No woman should ever be described in these terms or talked about in this manner. Ever,” Priebus, who last month floated the idea of penalizing Republicans who don’t support Trump, said in a statement.
The release of the shocking comments by Trump comes one day before Priebus is scheduled to appear with the billionaire businessman for a campaign event in Wisconsin.
Other prominent Republicans also condemned the comments.
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Trump’s one-time Republican presidential rival, wrote on Twitter that “no apology can excuse away Donald Trump’s reprehensible comments degrading women.”
Ohio Gov. John Kasich, another vanquished GOP presidential hopeful, described Trump’s remarks about women as “indefensible.”
Taking it a step further, 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney’s body man Garrett Jackson called on Mike Pence, Trump’s running mate, to resign if the real estate developer doesn’t because “he can no longer defend this man.”