Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

4 posters

NJ STATE SENATE VOTES TO EXCLUDE NON-UNION WORKERS FROM HURRICANE SANDY CLEANUP PROJECTS

Bama Diva
    Bama Diva

NJ STATE SENATE VOTES TO EXCLUDE NON-UNION WORKERS FROM HURRICANE SANDY CLEANUP PROJECTS Empty NJ STATE SENATE VOTES TO EXCLUDE NON-UNION WORKERS FROM HURRICANE SANDY CLEANUP PROJECTS

Post by Bama Diva Tue 15 Jan 2013, 7:32 pm

NJ STATE SENATE VOTES TO EXCLUDE NON-UNION WORKERS FROM HURRICANE SANDY CLEANUP PROJECTS

by TONY LEE 15 Jan 2013, 10:36 AM PDT

On Monday, the New Jersey state Senate, in a party-line vote, passed a bill that would exclude construction workers who are not a part of a union from doing work related to Hurricane Sandy cleanup and reconstruction in the state.

The bill will now heads to the New Jersey assembly. If it passes there, it goes to New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's (R) desk.

According to RedState, New Jersey state Senate President Steven Sweeney (D), who also happens to be an Ironworkers’ union organizer, drafted the bill that would “expand union-only Project Labor Agreements” to “included Hurricane Sandy cleanup and reconstruction.”

According to the bill, a “Project Labor Agreement” means “a form of pre-hire collective bargaining agreement covering terms and conditions of a specific project.”

This language excludes non-union construction workers from these projects.

As Breitbart News reported last November, even after President Barack Obama vowed not to “tolerate red tape” and said he was “not going to tolerate bureaucracy,” relief crews from Alabama, a right-to-work state, that used non-union employees were sent to Long Island, that arrived in New Jersey to help after the natural disaster were instead diverted to Long Island, NY

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/01/15/NJ-State-Senate-Votes-to-Exclude-Non-Union-Workers-from-Hurricane-Sandy-Cleanup-Projects
    Cross-Eyed Mary
    Cross-Eyed Mary
    Getting It Investor
    Getting It Investor

NJ STATE SENATE VOTES TO EXCLUDE NON-UNION WORKERS FROM HURRICANE SANDY CLEANUP PROJECTS Empty Re: NJ STATE SENATE VOTES TO EXCLUDE NON-UNION WORKERS FROM HURRICANE SANDY CLEANUP PROJECTS

Post by Cross-Eyed Mary Tue 15 Jan 2013, 8:23 pm

I'm a union man an I say, let them do it because when a company buys union help there specifically paying for trained people in there designated craft, when you hire guys that try to do it all(Jack of all trades) then you get just that "Jack". uninon workers are trained in building codes an in some cases certified through the county for those codes so let the non-union workers do it because New Jersey will call union contractors in to fix the problems that were created by non-union workers. This is the kind of thing that makes me 90k a year. I can't count how many time's this has happend to me.
    country70girl
    country70girl
    Understood Investor
    Understood Investor

NJ STATE SENATE VOTES TO EXCLUDE NON-UNION WORKERS FROM HURRICANE SANDY CLEANUP PROJECTS Empty Re: NJ STATE SENATE VOTES TO EXCLUDE NON-UNION WORKERS FROM HURRICANE SANDY CLEANUP PROJECTS

Post by country70girl Tue 15 Jan 2013, 8:59 pm

I do many PLA's and my company is non-union. My workers still must pay into the Union. The great part is that PLA's open the door for non-union and I have no complaint from the crew. This option allows me to bid more jobs, PLA, SLA or Prevailing rates. No, I don't wish to join the Union but I have no problem working under short term "specifics". I don't see how any company would not be able to secure a contract under a PLA, as long as they follow the format. I must utilize both, journeyman and apprentice; I love it. My Labor Union and I are on a first name basis and they know I will not tolerate ignorance to any degree. When I put in my request, I get the right person for the job 98% of the time. The other 2% I detect within the first 30 mins. and then you either get with the program or walk. I have been in the union and I know the games and I just hate the games.
    wayoutnow
    wayoutnow
    DieHard Investor
    DieHard Investor

Post by wayoutnow Wed 16 Jan 2013, 10:54 pm

last i checked we are in the usa !!!!! this has tobe the biggest aqainst everthing w e stand for,ur taking food outa the everday guy ,and putting in fat lazy union workers that are way over paid ...unions should be out lawed !!!!! thats whats wrong with this country ,greed greed .so poor guy cant even work on his own home because he doesnt give half his money to some fat slob,lasti check that storm that hit everbody up there wasnt a unoin strom it was a usa strom !!!!!!!
    country70girl
    country70girl
    Understood Investor
    Understood Investor

Post by country70girl Thu 17 Jan 2013, 9:53 am

wayoutnow wrote:last i checked we are in the usa !!!!! this has tobe the biggest aqainst everthing w e stand for,ur taking food outa the everday guy ,and putting in fat lazy union workers that are way over paid ...unions should be out lawed !!!!! thats whats wrong with this country ,greed greed .so poor guy cant even work on his own home because he doesnt give half his money to some fat slob,lasti check that storm that hit everbody up there wasnt a unoin strom it was a usa strom !!!!!!!

No worries here. It is against to law to keep someone from working. This is just another way for the union to have a piece of the pie. The way the article is worded will make eyebrows rise but it is intended to mislead some. This is a simple process and all it takes is for the company to agree to sign the PLA. If a union rep. sees weakness in the owner/super/foreman than that weakness will be used against them. And in the union member's defence, not all are "spoiled rotten". That article is designed to create fear, confusion, and departure from those projects. Many will jump on board once they learn that it's really worth the opportunity. Wish I were there because I would be in front of the line with my special pin. ;)
    Cross-Eyed Mary
    Cross-Eyed Mary
    Getting It Investor
    Getting It Investor

Post by Cross-Eyed Mary Thu 17 Jan 2013, 10:59 am

wayoutnow wrote:,lasti check that storm that hit everbody up there wasnt a unoin strom it was a usa strom !!!!!!!
    Dude your so right because if it was a union storm it would have done a better job.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 1:35 am