Cranberry Gin Fizz
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
A dash of tart cranberry juice gives the gin fizz a colorful update for fall. For a festive garnish, float a few fresh cranberries in each drink, thread some on a toothpick or freeze them in ice cubes, and add a slice of lemon or orange. Pomegranates, blood oranges and grapes are other great choices for sprucing up holiday drinks. Serve these cocktails alongside bowls of spiced nuts.
- 16 to 24 ice cubes, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz./125 ml) fresh lemon juice (from 3 to 4 lemons)
- 2 cups (16 fl. oz./500 ml) gin
- 2 1/2 Tbs. superfine sugar
- 1 cup (8 fl. oz./250 ml) unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1 cup (8 fl. oz./250 ml) club soda
- Lemon or orange slices for garnish
- Rye Maple Fizz >
- Minty Cantaloupe Agua Fresca >
- Thyme for a Drink >
- Bourbon Old-Fashioned >
- Fruity Bellini Three Ways >
Directions:Select 8 small glasses and put 2 or 3 ice cubes in each one. Fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice and add half each of the lemon juice, gin, sugar and cranberry juice. Cover with the lid and shake for 20 seconds. Strain into 4 of the glasses. Add 2 Tbs. club soda to each glass, stir and garnish with lemon slices. Repeat to make 4 more drinks. Serve immediately. Serves 8.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Entertaining with the Seasons, by Georgeanne Brennan (Free Press, 2010).