Spring White Sangria
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Welcome spring with this refreshing sangria, which combines white wine and passion fruit juice with grapes, pears and litchis, a delicately sweet fruit that originated in China.
- 1 bottle (750ml) fruity white wine, such as Chenin Blanc or Gewürztraminer
- 1 1/4 cups passion fruit juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup white grapes, seeded and halved
- 1 cup muscat grapes, seeded and halved
- 1 Asian or Bartlett pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 can (20 oz.) litchis with syrup
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh dill
- Ice as needed
Directions:In a pitcher, combine the wine, passion fruit juice, lime juice, grapes, pear, litchis with their syrup, mint and dill. Stir well. Refrigerate until the sangria is chilled and the flavors have blended, about 2 hours.
Pour the sangria into ice-filled Collins or double old-fashioned glasses and serve immediately. Serves 6 to 8.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Cooking for Friends, by Alison Attenborough and Jamie Kimm (Oxmoor House, 2008).