Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Beef, Broccoli and Crisp Garlic Sauté

Lobo
    Lobo

Beef, Broccoli and Crisp Garlic Sauté Empty Beef, Broccoli and Crisp Garlic Sauté

Post by Lobo Mon 26 Dec 2016, 4:22 pm

Beef, Broccoli and Crisp Garlic Sauté Img5l
    Beef, Broccoli and Crisp Garlic Sauté

Prep Time: 25 minutes
    Cook Time: 10 minutes
    Servings: 4
    Broccoli is at its best from autumn through early spring, when the cooler weather allows its sweet, nutty flavors to develop. Its versatility and ease of cooking make it popular for a wide range of dishes, such as this Asian-inspired sauté of beef, broccoli and crisp garlic.

Ingredients:

• 1 lb. flank or skirt steak
    • 1 Tbs. cornstarch
    • 1/4 tsp. salt
    • 1/4 tsp. sugar
    • 1/8 tsp. baking soda
    • 2 Tbs. water
    • 2 Tbs. canola oil
    • 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
    • 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
    • 2 cups small broccoli florets
    • 3 Tbs. dry white wine
    • 2 Tbs. soy sauce
    • Cooked white rice for serving

Directions:

Cut the beef across the grain into strips 3 inches long and 1/4 inch thick. In a bowl, stir together the cornstarch, salt, sugar, baking soda and water. Add the beef and stir until well mixed. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.

In a fry pan over high heat, warm the oil. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté until crisp, about 1 minute. Transfer to paper towels.

Add the beef, broccoli and 2 Tbs. of the wine to the pan, and cook until the beef is opaque and the broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes. Add the soy sauce and the remaining 1 Tbs. wine and stir for 1 minute. Transfer to warmed plates, sprinkle with the crisp garlic and serve immediately with steamed rice. Serves 4.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Cooking from the Farmers’ Market, by Tasha DeSerio & Jodi Liano (Weldon Owen, 2010).

Related Tips

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 9:47 am