Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Egg, Kale and Tomato Breakfast Wraps with Hummus

Lobo
    Lobo

Egg, Kale and Tomato Breakfast Wraps with Hummus Empty Egg, Kale and Tomato Breakfast Wraps with Hummus

Post by Lobo Mon 26 Dec 2016, 5:39 pm

Egg, Kale and Tomato Breakfast Wraps with Hummus Img7l
    Egg, Kale and Tomato Breakfast Wraps with Hummus

Prep Time: 25 minutes
    Cook Time: 10 minutes
    Servings: 4
    When Giada De Laurentiis’s daughter, Jade, says, “Make me my breakfast sandwich,” she means this recipe. This is an all-in-one, colorful, hearty wrap that’s perfect for making your own. Customize this according to what’s in your fridge, swapping spinach for the kale or jarred red bell peppers for the tomatoes. And if you don’t have time to poach the eggs, just scramble them instead.

Ingredients:

• 5 large kale leaves
    • 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
    • 1 1/4 cups (7.5 oz./235 g) grape tomatoes, halved
    • 1 large shallot, chopped
    • 2 garlic cloves, chopped
    • 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
    • 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
    • 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
    • 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
    • 1/4 cup (1/3 oz./10 g) chopped fresh basil
    • 4 eggs, at room temperature
    • 4 whole-wheat tortillas, each 10 inches (25 cm) in diameter
    • 1/4 cup (2 oz./60 g) store-bought plain hummus

Directions:

Cut away and discard the stem from the center of each kale leaf. Coarsely chop the kale into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces. It will look like you have a lot of kale, but it will cook down considerably.

In a large nonstick fry pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the tomatoes, shallot, garlic, thyme and red pepper flakes. Sauté until the tomatoes and shallot soften, about 4 minutes. Add the kale and sprinkle with the salt and black pepper. Toss with 2 wooden spoons until the kale wilts but is still bright green, about 2 minutes. Stir in the basil. Remove from the heat.

Fill a wide saucepan with enough water to measure 2 inches (5 cm) deep. Bring the water to a rolling boil over high heat. Break each egg into a separate teacup. Turn off the heat under the saucepan. Immediately slide each egg from its cup into a different part of the water (the whites will spread out). Let the eggs stand until the whites are set and the yolks are still very soft to the touch, 3 to 4 minutes.

Meanwhile, using tongs, toast each tortilla directly over high heat until beginning to blacken in spots, about 15 seconds per side. Put the warm tortillas on plates. Spoon 1 Tbs. hummus on each tortilla and spread to cover, leaving a 1-inch (2.5-cm) border. Divide the kale mixture over the hummus.

Using a slotted spoon, lift each egg from the water, wiping excess liquid from the bottom of the spoon with paper towels. Put the eggs on top of the kale. Slit the yolks and press on the eggs a bit so the yolks begin to run (this will make them easier to eat). Fold up the bottom of each tortilla and then fold in the sides, leaving the wraps open at the top, and serve. Serves 4.

Adapted from Giada’s Feel Good Food, by Giada De Laurentiis (Clarkson Potter, 2013).

Related Tips

Current date/time is Thu 18 Apr 2024, 10:45 pm