Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Spicy Simmered Eggs with Kale

Lobo
    Lobo

Spicy Simmered Eggs with Kale Empty Spicy Simmered Eggs with Kale

Post by Lobo Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:41 pm

Spicy Simmered Eggs with Kale Img76l
    Spicy Simmered Eggs with Kale

Prep Time: 20 minutes
    Cook Time: 15 minutes
    Servings: 4
    This simple, rustic dish is both healthy and hearty. Winter kale is first braised with fragrant garlic, green onions and lemon juice. Protein-rich eggs are then nestled into the bed of kale, where they gently simmer to perfection. A finishing garnish of red pepper flakes adds the perfect amount of contrasting heat.

Ingredients:

• 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
    • 4 green onions, white and light green portions, chopped

• 2 garlic cloves, minced
    • 2 bunches kale, tough stems removed, leaves roughly chopped
    • 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
    • 1/2 tsp. salt, plus more, to taste
    • 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, plus more, to taste
    • Zest and juice of 1 lemon
    • 4 eggs
    • Red pepper flakes, to taste

Directions:

In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the green onions and garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add half of the kale and sauté, stirring frequently until it begins to wilt, about 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining kale and repeat. Add the broth, the 1/2 tsp. salt and the 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Stir in the lemon zest and juice. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the kale softens, about 6 minutes.

Using the back of a spoon, create a pocket for each egg in the kale. Crack 1 egg into each pocket. Reduce the heat to medium-low and season the eggs with salt and black pepper. Cover the pan and let the eggs cook until almost opaque, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the eggs rest, covered, until done to your taste. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and serve immediately. Serves 4.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma One Pot of the Day, by Kate McMillan (Weldon Owen, 2012).

Related Tips

All About Winter Greens

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:53 am