Spanish Pizza with Chorizo and Manchego
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Traditional Spanish ingredients inspired this pizza. Be sure to buy Spanish chorizo, a ready-to-eat cured sausage, rather than fresh Mexican chorizo. If you can’t find jarred piquillo peppers, substitute roasted red bell peppers. The recipe was created for the Kalamazoo pizza oven, which cooks thin-crust pizzas in about 3 minutes. If using a standard oven, place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 450°F. Bake the pizza on the preheated stone for 12 to 15 minutes.
- 1/2 batch Food Processor Pizza Dough
- 3/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 4 oz. Manchego cheese, grated
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 roasted piquillo peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup manzanillo olives or other green Spanish olives, pitted
- 1 1/2 oz. Spanish chorizo, thinly sliced
Directions:Preheat a Kalamazoo pizza oven over medium-high heat.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a 12-inch round and transfer to a floured pizza peel. Spread the tomatoes over the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border uncovered. Sprinkle with the cheese, then top with the onion, peppers, olives and chorizo.
Transfer the pizza to the pizza oven. Bake until crisp and browned, about 3 minutes, rotating the pizza as needed to ensure even browning. Transfer to a cutting board, cut into slices and serve immediately. Serves 4.