Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Relief organizations expressed shock at the worsening of mental illness among the displaced

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Relief organizations expressed shock at the worsening of mental illness among the displaced Empty Relief organizations expressed shock at the worsening of mental illness among the displaced

Post by Rocky Thu 19 Jan 2017, 1:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Relief organizations expressed shock at the worsening of mental illness among the displaced

 Translation: Abdul Khaliq Ali 

Iraq was suffering mainly from the lack of psychiatrists and psychologists before the advent of Daesh group. Today , with the elimination of thousands of civilians from the rule of the group, the impact of this shortage became painfully obvious. 
    Many of those who need help are children like Amir Ibrahim - 14 - year - old teenager - who was sheltering wall and lead volatilization around his head, it was the just the beginning to punish him. 
    He recalls the Prince, who is accused of trying to escape from the town of Hawija , what happened after he stood in front of one of the judges Daesh. He says " It was a metal pole in his hand and began to beat me. My back covered with blood. Then they threw me in jail." 
    After paying his bail and his father, he fled with his family to Depkh camp in the Kurdistan region. Amir was afraid to get out of the camp , called his mother to seek mental health treatment. His mother says , "Everyone is suffering from similar problems, I went to ask for help , where my neighbor told me that they are helping in the treatment of my son." 
    With the escalation of fighting to expel Daesh from his stronghold in Mosul, escaped about 150 thousand citizens of the city, and still nearly a million people within the center of a bitter siege, and many will need professional help in the coming months. 
    She Nutsso Electra, former director of mental health in the Swiss Doctors Without Borders ( RSF) in Baghdad, they Despite extensive experience as a scientist in the same areas of conflict, but was shocked by the level of patients in the need for Iraq to treatment. 
    In Tikrit , they were displaced from Mosul knocking on the windows of her car and are asking for help in the treatment of psychological conditions from which they suffer. "Doctors Without Borders" is the only organization which includes specialized teams to deal with severe cases in the field of mental health for the displaced from Mosul. 
    Bilal says Bedier , director of psychological health of the organization in Erbil "Citizens are suffering, and the suffering of our review and prompt them to get our services instead of that we are going to them, where a lot of patients visit us every day." 
    It 's easy to just focus on the big battles, but Iraqis across the country need help. This is reflected in Abu Ghraib District famous American prison notorious, where the organization has a small clinic consists of several caravans. 
    Says Dr. Organization minimum bigger: The reasons for this are many need, "with a displacement of social and economic conditions low, as we find here in the Abu Ghraib many cases of depression and stress disorder after a private trauma in people who have fled military operations against Daesh." 
    Many are seeking to improve their situation, believes Dr. Donia that people with epilepsy suffer from the stigma more than people with mental illnesses. All patients suffering from issues related to mental health, while the caravan next door where doctors treat psychiatric disorders. 
    Iraq has no psychiatrists trained enough to deal with the many needs. 
    In addition to MSF and other aid agencies, there are about 80 clinical psychiatrist working in Iraq and the Kurdistan region. There are more than this number of psychologists - in the field of cognitive behavioral therapy - but they are overworked. 
    It agreed Rudaini Dr. Ahmed, a spokesman for the Iraqi Ministry of Health, in the mental health care these days is very important, but it is not one of the main priorities of the Iraqi government. 
    He says Rudaini "We are focused on saving the lives of citizens and the surgical procedure and first aid in the areas of operations more than a focus on psychological issues. The government has plans to train and encourage and educate citizens about the importance of such areas but this needs time." 
    And trying some aid agencies, including the agencies of the United Nations refugee, to fill some of the void through the training of aid workers on psychological first aid. 
    The spokesman for the agency said , " the staff is trained to listen attentively to the families and to allow members to discuss the circumstances in which they went through and identify their needs, and then transferred to the provide them with services." 
    Initial psychological aid is not a substitute for treatment, but can be a useful way after an accident causing trauma. As the MSF training new cadres of these technologies, but not everyone is able to learn, so Nutsso shed light on the need for suitable people. 
    Rasha was one of those selected by the organization for training on the initial psychological ambulance. Says Rasha said , "Most of those who come here have already tried to commit suicide, where the young themselves burned because of the ongoing family problems, as many of the patients are talking about divorce, stress and depression , and some of them are shy and others like to talk, come looking for help." 
    The only positive thing is that the stigma that surrounds mental illness in Iraq began to shrink. Nutsso believes that mental illnesses are caused by exposure to shock the Iraqis over the past two years since it entered the country in 2014. Daesh 
    remembers Nusto tell patients , "We went through several wars .. We know war . " This is unprecedented and has never passed her to do. He says psychiatrist Hussein shate at Abu Ghraib that the mass exodus also played a role in it, and this is supported by Rasha , which said that most of the patients told her that the care they once enjoyed them have vanished. 
    In this case, the treatment does not bring instant healing, as doctors say, to convince patients that frequent revisions continues to be a major obstacle. 
    And not only this , he says Bedier "We treat patients in time of war which is still going on and this is a challenge for our activities, many of the patients are concerned about their families in Mosul, and this causes a lot of anxiety." 
    In a statement the organization said, that the events described by the severity of patients increases with the escalation of the battle of Mosul. Although the watch beheadings in public squares shocking, they are not all that are dealing with the organization, where doctors see a lot of people suffer from pre - existing cases have not been addressed over the years , such as depression and bi - polar disorders, anxiety and issues of marriage. 
    Bedier was frank about the future , where he said "We expect to handle more patients in the future." 
     for: humanitarian news network (IRIN)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 6:21 pm