Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Al-Jaff: Efforts to extend the mandate of al-Maliki to eight months

chouchou
    chouchou

Al-Jaff: Efforts to extend the mandate of al-Maliki to eight months Empty Al-Jaff: Efforts to extend the mandate of al-Maliki to eight months

Post by chouchou Mon 05 Aug 2013, 10:10 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Shafaq News / MP for Kurdistan Alliance , Ashwaq al-Jaff revealed on Monday, efforts within the parliament to "extend" the mandate of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to 8 more months.

The last parliamentary elections resulted in the victory of al-Iraqiya List, led by Iyad Allawi by two seats form State of Law coalition led by Nuri al-Maliki.

The period that followed the announcement of election results witnessed many negotiations between the winning political blocs to reach a consensus on forming a new government, but these efforts have not result in anything made the country enter in a political crisis that lasted for more than eight months.

An initiative submitted by the President of Kurdistan region, Massoud Barzani resulted in giving Nuri al-Maliki, Iraqi presidency, Osama al-Nujaifi chaired the Parliament and Jalal Talabani took the Presidency of the Republic.

Al-Jaff told “Shafaq News” that” there are some talk in the Parliament looking to extend the mandate of the current government for eight months, for being delayed when it was formed and did not complete the legal period.

Jaff considered “the issue as not positive”.

She added that "Iraqi Prime Minister, Nuri al-Maliki has not provided during two consecutive terms what give him the right to renew his mandate in light of the news of Kurdistan Alliance's readiness to move forward with this project.

Jaff described Maliki's government as “lame because most of the ministries run by deputy ministers”.

The political and security situation is witnessing a big drop, especially during the recent period after a series of bombings carried out by militants belonging to the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham that targeted sensitive areas, notably Taji and Abu Ghraib prisons.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 16 May 2024, 10:07 pm