Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

3 posters

Obama issues new executive orders against guns

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Obama issues new executive orders against guns Empty Obama issues new executive orders against guns

Post by Rocky Fri 30 Aug 2013, 6:55 am

Obama issues new executive orders against guns

President Obama ordered two more executive actions Thursday to restrict guns, banning the re-importation of military surplus firearms to private entities and proposing a regulation that would close a loophole in background checks.

On the day B. Todd Jones is being sworn in as the new director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the White House said the ATF is proposing to conduct background checks on firearms registered to a trust or corporation. The administration said felons and others prohibited from having firearms currently are able to avoid background checks by choosing this route.

“ATF reports that last year alone, it received more than 39,000 requests for transfers of these restricted firearms to trusts or corporations,” the White House said.

Also, the administration said it will deny requests to bring military-grade firearms back into the U.S. to private entities, with a few exceptions, such as for museums. Currently, when the U.S. provides military firearms to its allies, either as direct commercial sales or through the foreign military sales or military assistance programs,
    those firearms may not be imported back into the United States without U.S. government approval.

Since 2005, the U.S. government has authorized requests to re-import more than 250,000 of these firearms.

The orders follow 23 other executive actions on gun control that the White House unveiled in January. In the spring, the Democratic-controlled Senate rejected a proposal to require expanded background checks for gun purchases.

“Even as Congress fails to act on common-sense proposals, like expanding criminal background checks and making gun trafficking a federal crime, the president and vice president remain committed to using all the tools in their power to make progress toward reducing gun violence,” the White House said.

Mr. Obama told a group of big-city mayors on Tuesday that he would be taking more executive actions to curb gun violence.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/29/obama-issues-new-executive-orders-against-guns/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS
    fonz1951
    fonz1951
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Obama issues new executive orders against guns Empty Re: Obama issues new executive orders against guns

Post by fonz1951 Fri 30 Aug 2013, 8:18 am

more people were killed last year with claw hammers than with guns, but you don't see a ban on claw hammers. more people were killed by drunk drivers than with guns.when was the last time you saw or heard of a gun getting up and walking out the door to "kill" someone? none of the shootings [ sandy hook] colorado movie theater , boston marathon . so on, were comitted by legal, law abiding citizens.truth is, guns don't kill people, people kill people. getting guns and keeping guns out of the hands of thugs,mentally disturbed, etc. is a wonderful idea, but since you can buy guns on any given street corner, how likely is that scenario? i, personally fail to see an end to the problem.passing a law here and there may help, but since they can't, or won't enforce the existing laws, how is passing more laws going to do anything to help? but, at the end of the day, better bet i'm keeping my guns.
    wayoutnow
    wayoutnow
    DieHard Investor
    DieHard Investor

Obama issues new executive orders against guns Empty Re: Obama issues new executive orders against guns

Post by wayoutnow Fri 30 Aug 2013, 9:23 am

If O would get his cousins to stop shooting people and robbing stop selling drugs to kids .!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 11:12 am