Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

MP accuses the government of sectarianism in dealing with prisoner’s exchange file

chouchou
    chouchou

MP accuses the government of sectarianism in dealing with prisoner’s exchange file Empty MP accuses the government of sectarianism in dealing with prisoner’s exchange file

Post by chouchou Fri 06 Sep 2013, 7:29 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Shafaq News / MP of al- Iraqiya government accused the Iraqi government of dealing in “sectarian" way considering prisoner’s exchange file with the neighboring countries, referring to the reluctance of Baghdad in activating prisoner’s exchange agreement with Iran while it applied the file with Saudi Arabia because the detainees in Riyadh are Shia.

“We have received calls from citizens on the existence of about 300 Iraqi prisoners in Iran where their fate have not been decided yet , blaming the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for not activating the agreement ,” Nahida al-Daini told “Shafaq News”.

Daini criticized what she called as a " duality " of the government in detainees and prisoner’s file with the Iranian side , noting that the government has intervened more than a party to negotiate with the Saudi side to exchange prisoners because most of the detainees in Saudi Arabia from southern Iraq, in a sign that they were Shiites.

Daini called to resolve the Iraqi detainees and prisoner’s file in Iran since Iran - Iraq war in the eighties of the last century, like the exchange of prisoners file with the Saudi side and accelerate the return of all Iraqi detainees in Iran to their country.

Iranian prisoners in Reform prison in Sulaymaniyah demanded the Iraqi authorities to implement the prisoners exchange agreement signed between the Iraqi Ministry of Justice and its Iranian counterpart since about a year and a half ago

There is no official statistics on the number of Iranian prisoners in Iraq

However, Iraqi parliamentary Human Rights Committee said that more than 3000 Iraqi detainees are in Iran and have been arrested for political and criminal reasons.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 06 Jun 2024, 1:20 am