Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

U.S. State Department calls on Iraqi government to take 'immediate' measures to hold militias accou

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

U.S. State Department calls on Iraqi government to take 'immediate' measures to hold militias accou Empty U.S. State Department calls on Iraqi government to take 'immediate' measures to hold militias accou

Post by Rocky Fri 21 Aug 2020, 8:03 am

U.S. State Department calls on Iraqi government to take 'immediate' measures to hold militias accountable

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

U.S. State Department
    Basra
     2020-08-21 00:30

The U.S. State Department on Thursday expressed outrage over the assassination of civil society activists in Iraq and attacks on protesters in Baghdad and Basra.

An Iraqi activist was killed on Wednesday and three others were injured when unidentified gunmen opened fire on their car in the southern Iraqi city of Basra, security and medical sources said. This is the third incident of its kind.

"We urge the Government of Iraq to take immediate steps to hold accountable militias and criminal gangs that attack Iraqis exercising their right to peaceful protest," State Department spokeswoman Morgan Ortagus said in a statement.

The latest wave of violence began in Basra when another activist was killed on Friday, leading to three-day street demonstrations during which security forces opened fire on protesters who threw stones and firebombs at the governor's house.

Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi dismissed basra's police and national security chiefs on Monday and ordered an investigation into the violence.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 23 May 2024, 9:47 am