Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The dollar is finding it difficult to continue its gains amid talk about a possible US interest rate

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

The dollar is finding it difficult to continue its gains amid talk about a possible US interest rate Empty The dollar is finding it difficult to continue its gains amid talk about a possible US interest rate

Post by Rocky Wed 05 May 2021, 7:25 am

The dollar is finding it difficult to continue its gains amid talk about a possible US interest rate hike

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The dollar tried to extend its gains Wednesday May 5th amid talk of a possible US interest rate hike and a wave of tech stocks selling undermining risk appetite.
    Yesterday's recovery in the dollar pressured the euro, which fell to $ 1.2021 and threatens to break an important support range between $ 1.1995 and $ 1.2000.
    Against a basket of currencies, the dollar was little changed near 91.21, but it is far from its lowest level in two months, which it recently struck at 90.422. The dollar needs to overcome the resistance at 91.425 to continue its recovery.
    The recovery came after US Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen's comments that there might be a need to raise interest rates to prevent the economy from inflationary growth.
    Later, the comments were softened, but the simplest sign of tightening monetary policy is severely affecting the markets that have become too dependent on monetary stimulus.
    The impact was evident on the shares of large-cap technology companies that suffered heavy losses overnight, sending the Nasdaq index down 1.88%.
    Trading was limited in Asia due to a holiday in Japan and China, but the New Zealand dollar rose to $ 0.7170 after the hard-than-expected jobs data came in. The dollar settled against the Japanese yen at 109.31 yen.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Diamond likes this post

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 4:19 pm