Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The dollar is heading to record the second monthly loss

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

The dollar is heading to record the second monthly loss Empty The dollar is heading to record the second monthly loss

Post by Rocky Fri 28 Apr 2023, 3:59 am

The dollar is heading to record the second monthly loss
    Economy

2023-04-28 | 02:20

The dollar is heading towards incurring a second consecutive monthly loss, today, Friday, amid growing expectations that the Federal Reserve (the US central bank) may soon end the cycle of sharply raising interest rates, while the yen settled near the highest level in a week, ahead of an important decision by the government. central bank.
    All eyes in Asia are on the Bank of Japan's monetary policy decision, as the new central bank governor, Kazuo Ueda, is expected to keep monetary policy loose.
    Sorry, the video player failed to load.(Error Code: 101102)

Prior to the decision, the Japanese yen rose slightly by 0.1% to 133.84 against the dollar, and rose more than 0.1% against the pound sterling.

"I don't expect the Bank of Japan to change its monetary policy this time, but the recently released Tokyo CPI was higher than expected... and I think that is pressure," said Tina Teng, market analyst at CMC Markets. on the Bank of Japan, and may do something in the near future.”

Government data showed on Friday that core consumer prices in Tokyo rose 3.5 percent in April from the same month last year, exceeding market expectations, in a sign of widening inflationary pressures in the world's third-largest economy.

The dollar fell against most of the major currencies, but its losses were limited by data pointing to continued inflation in the world's largest economy, which boosted expectations of a 25 basis point interest rate hike at the Federal Open Market Committee meeting next week.

Data released on Thursday showed that while US economic growth slowed more than expected in the first quarter of the year, consumer spending accelerated, accompanied by a rise in inflation.

The dollar index recorded in the latest reading 101.45 against a basket of currencies, and is heading to record a new monthly loss of more than 1%, after it fell by about 2.3% in March.

The pound sterling fell 0.06 percent to $1.2492.

And the euro settled near the highest level in a year, and recorded in the latest transactions 1.1033 dollars. It looks forward to achieving a monthly gain of close to 2%.

The single currency received support from expectations that the European Central Bank still has more interest-raising decisions ahead of it.

Analysts at ING said: "Investors prefer currencies that can present a continuing domestic tightening cycle and still have room for sudden sharp tightening at upcoming meetings."

The Australian dollar rose 0.05% to $0.66335, and its New Zealand counterpart rose 0.07% to $0.61515.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 08 Jun 2024, 5:49 pm