Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The most senior US Treasury official warns Iraq: The risks of sanctions must be kept in mind

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

warns - The most senior US Treasury official warns Iraq: The risks of sanctions must be kept in mind Empty The most senior US Treasury official warns Iraq: The risks of sanctions must be kept in mind

Post by Rocky Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:36 am

[size=35][size=35]The most senior US Treasury official warns Iraq: The risks of sanctions must be kept in mind[/size]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [/size]

Economy

[size][size]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/size]
    01-30-2024 | 05:38
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [/size]

Alsumaria News - Economy,

US Treasury Undersecretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence, Brian Nelson, said that Iraq must keep the risks of sanctions “always in its sights,” in a comment on the results of his visit to Iraq two days ago.

[ltr]

0 seconds of 0 seconds Volume 0%

[/ltr]

Reuters quoted a US Treasury Department spokesman as saying, “Treasury Undersecretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence, Brian Nelson, traveled to Iraq on a visit that began on Sunday and continued until Monday, where he met with senior Iraqi officials, including Prime Minister Muhammad Shia al-Sudani, as part of the ongoing work to combat terrorism.” Illicit financing.

The spokesman added, “During the visit, Nelson discussed with his counterparts ways to protect the Iraqi and international financial systems from criminal, corrupt, and terrorist entities,” noting that “Washington will cooperate to protect the Iraqi financial sector “from (any) misuse by Iran or any other evil party.”

For his part, Nelson told Reuters that the meetings he held were fruitful, including his meeting with the Prime Minister and the Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq. He

added, “From the Treasury Department’s perspective, I think we feel really comfortable about the transparency tools that the Central Bank of Iraq has put in place to identify illicit financial flows that It passes through the Iraqi financial system.”

But he warned that Iraq must always keep the risks of sanctions in mind, according to Reuters.

Nelson said, “We will continue to monitor Iraqi individuals, companies and Iraqi banks that work for or on behalf of groups that the United States designates as terrorist.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:08 am