Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Basra is the most dangerous in the world.. Inspiring stories of children who were victims of mines i

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Basra is the most dangerous in the world.. Inspiring stories of children who were victims of mines i Empty Basra is the most dangerous in the world.. Inspiring stories of children who were victims of mines i

Post by Rocky Tue 09 Apr 2024, 4:46 am

POSTED ON[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]Basra is the most dangerous in the world.. Inspiring stories of children who were victims of mines in Iraq[/size]

[size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    04/08/2024
    The International Committee of the Red Cross described Iraq as one of the countries most contaminated with mines in the world, and discussed some stories of Iraqi children who were seriously injured by unexploded objects in Baghdad, Nineveh, and Diwaniyah, but they died, while the Red Cross contributes to preparing... Safer environments for children through awareness programs.[/size]
    [size=45]The International Committee said in a report on its website, that UNICEF statistics indicate that children are particularly vulnerable to the dangers of remnants of war, as 519 children were killed or injured in Iraq between 2017 and 2022 due to unexploded ordnance.[/size]
    [size=45]The report dealt with the experiences of the two children, Fadel and Shujaa, who are from Baghdad, when they were playing near their home and the tragedy occurred. While disposing of garbage in an empty plot of land, an object left from war exploded, leading to their injuries, adding that Shujaa quickly recovered from his injury, but Fadel was injured. Seriously injured his legs, he began a long journey to recover.[/size]
    [size=45]As for Nineveh Governorate in the north, which was torn by war, the report dealt with the experience of the child Sundos, whose life changed forever during the years of war from 2014 to 2017, as while she was trying to flee with her family in search of safety, she stepped on a mine and lost her legs in the explosion.[/size]
    [size=45]The report continued that the student Hussein faced a similar fate in Diwaniyah Governorate, as during his return home from his school, a mine left over from the war exploded while he was playing near it, and he lost his right leg and several fingers on his hand, indicating that despite the difficulties he faced, he He started on the road to recovery and is trying to achieve his dreams with the support of his family.[/size]
    [size=45]The report stated that the International Red Cross focuses on protecting children and reducing the risks they face by providing support and expertise, and helping local communities create safer environments for children through awareness sessions on the dangers of explosive remnants of war, in schools throughout Iraq.[/size]
    [size=45]The report continued, saying that Iraq, as one of the most polluted countries in the world, faces a continuing legacy linked to past wars, including landmines and cluster munitions.[/size]
    [size=45]He pointed out that Basra in particular is very reminiscent of this reality, as the rate of pollution from unexploded ordnance in it reaches an area of ​​1,200 square kilometers, making it one of the most polluted cities in the world.[/size]
    [size=45]According to the report, the Red Cross plays a vital role in addressing this crisis, as it provides basic support to those affected by the remnants of war, and it provides hope for those forced to deal with injuries through financial assistance, awareness campaigns, and physical rehabilitation.[/size]
    [size=45]Despite these efforts, the report said that challenges remain, especially in light of the presence of millions of displaced people and returnees, as there is a constant threat to their safety due to the continued presence of explosive waste, which also hinders their ability to access basic services and hinders the process of rebuilding their homes and communities.[/size]
    [size=45]The report found that as Iraq works towards recovery, the stories that represent the courage of children, such as Shujaa, Fadel, Sondos, and Hussein, serve as an inspiration for hope, and despite the hardships they face, they show determination to rebuild their lives.[/size]
    [size=45]The report indicated that the International Committee of the Red Cross continues to work to implement policies that emphasize the priority of civilian safety, and that through cooperation with various governmental and non-governmental stakeholders, the Red Cross seeks to create a future in which local communities are able to live without fear of the remnants of war.[/size]
    [size=45]The report concluded by introducing the International Committee of the Red Cross, saying that it helps people affected by armed conflicts and other acts of violence in all parts of the world, and works to protect their lives and dignity and alleviate their suffering. It also seeks to strengthen humanitarian law and advocate universal humanitarian principles and activities that contribute to saving lives. People in conflict areas and work closely with local communities to understand and meet their needs.[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 10:00 pm