Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

German Finance Minister Slams Greece Over Refugee Influx Mismanagement

Lobo
    Lobo

German Finance Minister Slams Greece Over Refugee Influx Mismanagement Empty German Finance Minister Slams Greece Over Refugee Influx Mismanagement

Post by Lobo Sun 27 Dec 2015, 6:03 pm

German Finance Minister Slams Greece Over Refugee Influx Mismanagement

© REUTERS/ Michalis Karagiannis
    Europe
    19:16 27.12.2015(updated 19:19 27.12.2015) Get short URL

German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said that Athens for years ignored the Dublin regulation that obliges migrants to apply for asylum in the first EU member state they arrive in, the media reported.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble on Sunday criticized Athens' refugees management amid a major influx of migrants to the European Union.

"The Greeks should not only blame others for their problems, they should also consider how they can improve themselves," Schaeuble said, as quoted by the Bild am Sonntag newspaper.

Schaeuble added that Athens for years ignored the Dublin regulation that obliges migrants to apply for asylum in the first EU member state they arrive in, the media reported.

According to Schaeuble, German courts decided long ago that conditions for refuges in Greece are inhumane and, therefore, migrants cannot be deported there.

Over 1.2 million illegal border crossings into the bloc have been detected by EU border agency Frontex since the beginning of 2015. Greece is a key transit point for people fleeing conflict-torn countries in the Middle East and North Africa, in search of safety and refuge in Europe.

At least 800,000 refugees and migrants arrived in Greece from Turkey via the Aegean Sea in 2015, according to the International Organization for Migration.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20151227/1032374596/german-minister-migration-greece.html#ixzz3vZKLiatw

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 8:06 am