Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Redskins look for some payback in Dallas on Thanksgiving

jedi17
    jedi17

Redskins look for some payback in Dallas on Thanksgiving Empty Redskins look for some payback in Dallas on Thanksgiving

Post by jedi17 Wed 23 Nov 2016, 9:03 pm

Redskins look for some payback in Dallas on Thanksgiving

Sep 18, 2016; Landover, MD, USA; Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant (88) talks to Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Norman (24) on the field in the first quarter at FedEx Field. Mandatory Credit: Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports
    More
    From the “be careful what you wish for” file, comes the Thanksgiving Day showdown between the Washington Redskins and media darling, Dallas Cowboys.
    At stake?
    Everything. Well, mostly everything.
    For Washington, this is an opportunity to right a wrong from an earlier season loss when the Redskins were still trying to figure it out. Heading into tomorrow the appearance is they have, after avoiding the obvious trap game on Sunday night against Green Bay.
    Fact is, the Redskins were in command from start to finish, with Kirk Cousins playing the way fans either knew he could, or hoped he would. Cousins and the Washington offense are in a groove, and after 10 games, the running and passing game are clicking at the right time.
    They need it to be.
    Dallas is no pretender, and for those thinking / hoping that Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott would hit a wall and resume the role of “rookie”, keep waiting. 10 games in and the Cowboys are in control of their division and the NFC as a whole. Dak and Zeke may very well hit that wall at some point, but with the now brittle Tony Romo on the bench, Dallas is the team to beat in the NFC, and until that happens everyone, the Redskins included, are looking up at them.
    As of this morning, the Cowboys have a better than 70% chance of winning tomorrow. If you’re going to the betting window, Dallas is the smart pick, as is the over/under of 52, (take the over).
    As for me, I to think it’s an easy pick. As much as I hate the Cowboys, and as tired as I am of the love fest they garner from the national sports media, Jerry Jones might finally have the contender he’s been chasing since he ran Jimmy Johnson out of town. Ironically, it happens sans Romo, his favorite son.
    But I’ll be honest with you. I’m a pessimist, a glass half empty guy. Always have been and always will be. And as I see it, everything that goes up, will eventually come down.
    Can Dak, Zeke, and Jerry keep it going? Does it seem logical that they’ve slipped into such a zone that a rookie quarterback this deep into the season has defied every historical trend? Has Jerry Jones finally bested the karma brought on by years of arrogance and self grandeur?
    I don’t believe so.
    The NFL season is just long enough that talent eventually wins out. It’s neither to short or to long that pretenders beat a bonafide contender. Eventually, the “institutional memory” that some teams bring to a big, let’s even say monster game, will always have the upper hand.
    Has Prescott seen this type of game before?
    Has Elliott?
    AROUND COVER32
    Winners and Losers: The Giants and Dolphins are back with 5-game win streaks
    Draft Preview:: Breaking down the best cornerbacks in this year’s class
    Mailbag:: Is it time for everyone to go for two?
    Five Things: Key factors why Washington beat Green Bay
    Monster Win: Washington scores a “YUGE” win against the Packers on Sunday night
    With all due respect to the latter. Ohio State v. Michigan isn’t Cowboys v. Redskins.
    It just isn’t.
    For the former, the Egg Bowl isn’t the NFC East, be it the marquee game on Thanksgiving or any other Sunday.
    This is NFL BIG, and I don’t know how well rookies do “NFL BIG”.
    Facts are facts, and Dak hasn’t looked rattled. He’s become the new measuring stick by which rookie QB’s will be judged. And let’s not forget, he unseated the incumbent Pro Bowl starter. Say what you will about Romo and Jones, for both to concede to a rookie quarterback from Mississippi State says EVERYTHING about the kid.
    He’s the goods.
    At least he is right now.
    So who wins?
    Like I said, the smart better looks at the numbers, the talking points that LOVE the Cowboys, and bets what most NFL Elite’s say is a lock.
    Both have momentum, a running game that is working, and a national stage that will have every set of eyes on it from coast to coast.
    That’s big.
    That’s NFL BIG!
    I’d say it’s also a little “too big” for the rookie sitting at the adults table on this latest installment of Redskins v. Cowboys.
    Washington has shown to be a team on the rise at just the right time. I think the big stage tomorrow might be a little too big for Dak, and I think the “institutional memory” of a veteran team knows how to win a big game, on a big day, when the stage is the biggest and the lights the brightest.
    I also believe in karma, and Jerry still has some coming.
    Redskins 37

Cowboys 28

Current date/time is Fri 06 Sep 2024, 11:13 am