Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Cowboys Need to Bounce Back Against Bucs to Quiet Romo Talk

jedi17
    jedi17

Cowboys Need to Bounce Back Against Bucs to Quiet Romo Talk Empty Cowboys Need to Bounce Back Against Bucs to Quiet Romo Talk

Post by jedi17 Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:19 pm

Cowboys Need to Bounce Back Against Bucs to Quiet Romo Talk

The Dallas Cowboys are seeing the effect one loss has on the national media’s perception of just how good things are going in 2016. Eleven straight wins, one of the greatest rookie duos in NFL history, a tough defense, fantastic gameplan and it’s all for nothing because of one three point loss on the road to a division-rival, 9-4 Giants team.
    Let’s forget about Dak Prescott out-dueling Ben Roethlisberger in what was supposed to be a reality check game for those overachieving Cowboys. Or embarrassing Aaron Rodgers — the guy nobody can stop talking about right now because the Packers are 7-6 — in Lambeau Field.
    Things continue to be tough, with a very good (8-5) Tampa Bay Buccaneers team coming to Dallas. Another loss, and you can bet this story will lead all sports shows until the end of the season. Now, this is partially Jerry Jones’ fault.But part of this has to do with just how much people outside of #CowboysNation have been waiting for the other shoe to drop.
    I spoke to Bob Frantz on ESPN 106.5 the Ticket in Toledo, Ohio recently about SideLion Report and the Cowboys came up, as they often do. Obviously, this was prior to the Giants game. They asked me what the biggest weakness of the Cowboys was. I struggled to come up with any huge weaknesses, but said if Prescott started playing like a rookie, that could cause some problems. It’s not that I expected him to start playing poorly. It’s just the truth. He’s a fourth-round pick that’s played like a seasoned Russell Wilson.

But here’s the thing. Despite what I think are inevitable rookie moments that Dak is going to have, he’s not only earned it, as George wrote Wednesday, but there is no safe bet that Romo is even a better option. He’s a veteran and has immense knowledge of the game, but I’m talking about getting your body back to playing shape and taking hits.
    I would never suggest Romo isn’t tough. He stands in there as tough as any QB I’ve ever seen and makes big throws. But you can’t just get out of bed and play at a championship level, though, as Dak Prescott has done for 11 of 13 games. If they wanted to bring Romo back (as Jerry Jones seems hell bent on making us think about at least) they needed to do it weeks ago, with a plan in place.
    Prescott was playing well all along, which wasn’t something the team was counting on. I understand that. However, you can’t act so surprised that a bright, young QB prospect like Prescott, could have success in an offense that functions so well running the ball. It was built to take pressure off of Tony Romo.

So just as they should have had some inclination this was a possibility instead of being a prisoner of the moment, they’e made their decision and can’t overreact to one bad game. Eli played just as poorly but his team won. The Cowboys have 11 wins with 3 games left. Cut the kid some slack, he’s been damn good this year. If he falls on his face three straight weeks, THEN they should consider Romo. Until then, hang in there with Prescott, he’s earned it.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:28 am