Concerning the currency, salaries and commodity prices ... 10 economic measures and "radical" financial changes that Iraq is expected to implement next year.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Yes Iraq: Baghdad
Today, Sunday, the economic and oil expert, Nabil Al-Marsoumi, revealed reforms to the International Monetary Fund that Iraq is expected to implement some of them during the next year 2021.
Al-Marsoumi said in a post monitored by "Yes Iraq", asking: "Will Iraq implement the reforms of the International Monetary Fund?", Noting that "the package of economic reforms adopted by the International Monetary Fund and which Iraq is expected to implement some of them in 2021 consists of the following: :
1- Decreasing the national currency exchange rate
2- Raising the interest rate and setting credit ceilings
3. Gradual reduction of government support for government goods and services
4. Reducing public spending on goods and services
5. Reducing the salary clause and limiting the appointment of graduates in government institutions
6. Restructuring and privatizing the losing public sector enterprises
7. Reducing the items of transfer expenditures of a social nature, especially with regard to subsidizing the prices of essential commodities
8. Raise energy prices to the level of international prices
9. Raising tax rates, increasing their proceeds, reorganizing them, creating other tax vessels or imposing direct taxes or policies for indirect taxes, as well as increasing the base of taxpayers, limiting tax exemptions, developing collection methods and combating tax evasion
10. Liberation of all prices and trade liberalization