Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Associated Press: A 'secret' meeting between Saudi and Iranian officials in Baghdad

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Associated Press: A 'secret' meeting between Saudi and Iranian officials in Baghdad Empty Associated Press: A 'secret' meeting between Saudi and Iranian officials in Baghdad

Post by Rocky Tue 28 Sep 2021, 7:42 am

Associated Press: A 'secret' meeting between Saudi and Iranian officials in Baghdad

[ltr]09.28.2021 - 09:38[/ltr]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [size=16]like [size=16]0 
    [/size][/size]

Baghdad - people  
    On Sunday, the American Associated Press published details of a meeting of Iranian and Saudi officials in the capital, Baghdad.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  

And the agency quoted, (September 28, 2021), Iraqi officials as saying that "high-ranking figures from Saudi Arabia and Iran met secretly in Baghdad about a week ago, and held the fourth round of talks hosted by Baghdad to contain the crisis between them."  

The agency quoted an Iraqi official as saying that "the meeting was not ministerial, but it was positive, and it dealt with issues, including the re-representation of diplomatic representation between the two countries."  

In a related context, the Tehran Times quoted sources as saying that "the Secretary-General of the National Security Council, Ali Shamkhani, represented Iran in the meeting, while the Saudi side was represented by Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Adel al-Jubeir."  

Iraqi President Barham Salih expressed his hope for the resumption of relations between Iran and Saudi Arabia, and said in his meeting with CNN, "We hope that this will happen, and it is clear that there are obstacles, but we hope that it will happen as soon as possible."  

Saleh added that the neighboring countries should negotiate with each other even if there are differences, instead of remaining in a state of separation, which does not benefit the region, as he put it.  
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 12:17 am