Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraq elections: Low participation in parliamentary elections - The Guardian

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Iraq elections: Low participation in parliamentary elections - The Guardian Empty Iraq elections: Low participation in parliamentary elections - The Guardian

Post by Rocky Mon 11 Oct 2021, 8:17 am

[size=33]Iraq elections: Low participation in parliamentary elections - The Guardian[/size]
    7 hours ago

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    PHOTO RELEASED,GETTY IMAGES
    comment on the photo,
    A woman casts her vote at a polling station in Baghdad

We begin our tour of the Guardian newspaper with a report written by its Middle East correspondent, Martin Shuloff, on the Iraqi parliamentary elections that took place on Sunday.
    Under the title "The participation rate in the Iraqi elections is about 25 percent in light of the boycott of many," he wrote that Iraqis turned out in low numbers in the elections, as many boycotted a vote "they fear that it may strengthen a political system that has failed them."
    "The nationwide turnout in the sixth ballot since Saddam Hussein was toppled in 2003 is believed to be as low as about 25 percent, with the country's frustrated youth and middle classes largely staying at home," he added.
    He noted that before the vote, there were widespread allegations that a vote for a political class accused of doing little to provide basic services or secure the country's citizens would preserve the status quo.
    The elections were called early, in part, in response to anti-government protests in October 2019, which led to the killing of at least 600 people at the hands of government soldiers and militia members. Since then, a large number of activists have gone into exile and dozens of government critics have been killed inside Iraq.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

chouchou likes this post

Current date/time is Thu 06 Jun 2024, 11:32 pm