Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

High School Students Suspended for Posting Unbelievably Racist Pic (PHOTO)

Lobo
    Lobo

High School Students Suspended for Posting Unbelievably Racist Pic (PHOTO) Empty High School Students Suspended for Posting Unbelievably Racist Pic (PHOTO)

Post by Lobo Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:29 pm

High School Students Suspended for Posting Unbelievably Racist Pic (PHOTO)

High School Students Suspended for Posting Unbelievably Racist Pic (PHOTO) Poy18pi800Teenagers aren't exactly known for having the best judgment, but the insensitivity displayed this week by a group of Arizona high school students goes beyond the average adolescent stupidity. In fact, the unbelievably racist photo six girls posted to social media is downright disturbing.

Everything seemed fine when the Desert Vista high school students posed for their individual senior photos wearing black T-shirts printed with various different letters, but when they lined up and took a pic to post on social media, the horrible truth was revealed:

Have you picked your jaw up off the floor yet? There are so many disturbing things about this photo, I'm not even sure where to start. Well, I guess with the fact that they had this idea in the first place. What could possibly be the point of a stunt like this? And why does it seem like they think it's the funniest, most perfectly acceptable idea anyone ever had? It's like they're headed to a pep rally ... hosted by the KKK. 

Naturally, the image immediately sparked a firestorm of outraged comments on Twitter and Facebook, with people calling for swift and severe consequences for the the girls. To their credit, the school -- in fact, the entire school district -- responded right away. In a statement, Jill Hanks, executive director of community relations for Tempe Union High School District, said:

We are absolutely aware and outraged by this behavior. The students will be disciplined in accordance with district policy and while we don't discuss specific discipline I can tell you that will be addressing the obvious need for sensitivity training in this case.

Correspondingly, the girls were reportedly given a five-day suspension -- but is that really enough?

From the looks of it, lots of people on Twitter don't think so. But it seems to me that these girls need more than just a punishment. Clearly these teens are desperately in need of some kind of serious help, so I'm hoping the "sensitivity training" mentioned by the district really happens. And I hope it results in a MAJOR reworking of their current values and perspectives. These teens are certainly old enough to know better than to do something like this, but still young enough to evolve from their current state of ignorance -- and the sooner, the better. This kind of behavior is the absolute last thing our country needs from the next generation.
    http://thestir.cafemom.com/tweens_teens/195228/high_school_students_suspended_for?utm_medium=sm&utm_source=rss&utm_content=tweens_teens_rssfeed

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:11 am