Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Calgary Flames @ Vancouver Canucks

jedi17
    jedi17

Calgary Flames @ Vancouver Canucks Empty Calgary Flames @ Vancouver Canucks

Post by jedi17 Fri 06 Jan 2017, 8:02 pm

G40 Calgary Flames @ Vancouver Canucks: A pivotal home-and-home begins
    January 6, 2017, 11:55 AM ET [41 Comments]
    Todd Cordell
    Calgary Flames @ Vancouver Canucks Cgy Calgary Flames Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddCordell

The Calgary Flames are in Vancouver tonight to take on the Canucks in the first half of a home-and-home.

This should be a good game between, get this, two of the hotter teams in the NHL.

The Flames have won four of their last five and looked really good doing so, while the Canucks have won five straight and own a 7-2-1 record over their last 10 games.

As a result of both teams' hot streaks, the Flames are in the top wild card spot and sit just four back of the division lead while the Canucks are one point back of Los Angeles(!) for a playoff spot, and only three back of the Flames.

Suffice to say, there's a lot on the line in this home-and-home, which should give the Flames-Canucks rivalry some extra juice. If the Flames run the table they could, in theory, by 1st in the division by the end of it while the Canucks could jump the Flames with a couple wins.

These games are very important for both sides so I expect we'll see some exciting, intense hockey.

Here are the expected line combinations for the Flames:

Matthew Tkachuk - Mikael Backlund - Michael Frolik
    Johnny Gaudreau - Sean Monahan - Alex Chiasson
    Kris Versteeg - Sam Bennett - Micheal Ferland
    Lance Bouma - Matt Stajan - Freddie Hamilton

Mark Giordano - Dougie Hamilton
    T.J. Brodie - Dennis Wideman
    Tyler Wotherspoon - Deryk Engelland

Brian Elliott

And the expected lines for the Canucks (via dailyfaceoff.com):

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Jayson Megna
    Loui Eriksson - Brandon Sutter - Markus Granlund
    Sven Baertschi - Bo Horvat - Anton Rodin
    Brendan Gaunce - Michael Chaput - Jack Skille

Alex Edler - Troy Stecher
    Luca Sbisa - Chris Tanev
    Ben Hutton - Nikita Tryamkin

Ryan Miller

A few notes:

1) Over the last 10 games, Calgary's power play is 2nd to Columbus' in power play goals per 60 minutes played. In that same span, Vancouver's penalty kill ranks 30th in scoring chances allowed per 60. If the Flames can draw a few penalties -- I'm looking at you, Tkachuk -- they should be able to capitalize.

2) Brodie had a poor start to the season offensively but he has quietly tallied nine points in his last nine games. He's now producing at a respectable 33-point pace, although I'm sure the Flames would still like that number to go up.

3) Baertschi enters this game on fire having tallied six points and 14 shots over his last four games. He's been the Canucks' biggest threat of late and is someone the Flames need to pay extra attention to.

Tonight's game is scheduled for 10:00 eastern and can be seen on SNP and SNW.

Recent posts:

Winning ways continue as Flames beat up on Avs in convincing fashion

On Backlund's two-way play, Versteeg, and the expansion draft

Predicting the Pacific Division standings

Pacific Division bold predictions

Pacific Division breakout players

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 6:18 am