Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Nashville Predators

jedi17
    jedi17

Nashville Predators  Empty Nashville Predators

Post by jedi17 Sun 05 Feb 2017, 4:00 pm

Head Stands and Acquisitions
    February 5, 2017, 12:56 PM ET [2 Comments]
     Nashville Predators  24Paul McCann
     Nashville Predators  Nas Nashville Predators Blogger • Predators Radio Network • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Last night’s 1-0 loss to the Detroit Red Wings is just one of those nights… 42 shots, some high danger chances inside, and a goalie standing on his head. That’s it… that is the story of the game. It wasn’t an effort issue, it wasn’t a game plan issue or a scheming issue… it was as simple as Red Wings netminder Petr Mrazek turning in a lights out performance. There’s no real need to go deeper than that.

Let’s get to the good, the bad and the ugly from last night…

The Good - Pressure… the Predators pressed the play for 60 minutes, they were solid defensively and Pekka Rinne was outstanding in net when he had to be. You also can’t overlook Roman Josi returning to the lineup after missing nine games. He played more that 20 minutes and looked solid.

The Bad - A 4-on-1 break that should’ve tied the game, but Viktor Arvidsson’s shot clanked off the crossbar.

The Ugly - One series of play, late in the first period where Detroit was buzzing the net and the Predators could not clear the zone, it resulted in the Wings lone goal. Rinne made three saves on the series, he couldn’t make the fourth.

The Predators are back in action at Bridgestone Arena Tuesday night, taking on the Vancouver Canucks. There will be a new member of the team in that game. We will call it a coming home… The Predators announced the re-acquisition of Vern Fiddler via trade with the NJ Devils, sending a fourth round draft pick to Jersey for the veteran grinder. Vern was a member of the Nashville Predators for seven seasons beginning in 2002, playing 305 games for the Preds in that span. He has spent time with the Coyotes, Stars and Devils over the past few seasons and rejoins the team after playing 39 games for New Jersey this season.

The 36 year old forward plays with grit and heart, a great influence in the room and certainly will add just a little more sandpaper to either the third or fourth lines. His veteran leadership, and familiarity with the city and the organization will be a really solid add to this talented team. A team that has figured out that it was missing a piece or two. The McLeod and Fiddler adds indicate that and addresses it. I have to say, this team is adding the role players it will need for success in the playoffs, when the games get tighter and the fever gets higher.

Fiddler is expected to join the Preds for practice tomorrow, the team is off today.

-------------------------------------

The latest SlapShot Radio podcast…

Random Notes

- Where We Stand – After last night’s play, the Nashville Predators have 58 points in 52 games played and stand 3rd in the Central Division. Nashville trails the division leading Minnesota Wild by 15 points (-1 GIH) and 2nd place Chicago by 11 points with two games in hand. Nashville maintained its lead over 4th place St. Louis due to the Blues loss. The Preds have a three points lead over St. Louis. Los Angeles is in the first wild card slot, Calgary is in the second. The Predators playoff chances stand at 82.3% according to sportsclubstats.com

- Mike Ribeiro cleared waivers and was reassigned to Milwaukee. 

- With the acquisition of Fiddler, a decision has been made to waive Derek Grant. Since he was picked up on waivers from Buffalo, he will have to clear that process again in order to be sent down to Milwaukee.

- The Predators six game home point streak was snapped last night.

- Three games in the NHL today, all times CST – 11am – LAK @ WSH, EDM @ MTL. 1pm – CGY @ NYR. 

------------------------------------

SSR’s season nine is on, our next show is Wednesday night at 7 on 102.5 the Game. SlapShot Radio is the longest running hockey show in the mid-south and Pete Weber and I bring you the best in hockey talk all season long. We will get you ready for the weekend ahead and take a look down on the farm with Admirals Roundtable’s Daniel Lavender.

SlapShot Radio has been delivering great hockey talk to the most energetic and engaged fans in radio and advertising with us drives results. Our premier sponsors include day one sponsor Dr. Jane Bacon at Hermitage Family and Cosmetic Dentistry … make your appointment at (615) 872-7762, Mark Lonsway at ReMax Fine Homes, call him for all your real estate needs at (615) 207-7799, and TurfMasters… check out their great service at  TurfMasters.com.

Advertisers… reach out to me in order to access our activated listener base though great advertising deals available when you email me at paul(@)slapshotradio(dot)com

You can also keep up with all the goings on with SlapShot Radio by following the show on Twitter @SlapShotRadio1 … Also... make sure to "like" SlapShot Radio on Facebook... here's the link.

Current date/time is Tue 25 Jun 2024, 5:36 pm