Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Lavender Collins

Lobo
    Lobo

Lavender Collins Empty Lavender Collins

Post by Lobo Thu 08 Dec 2016, 7:52 pm

Lavender Collins Img21l
    Lavender Collins

Prep Time: 40 minutes
    Cook Time: 5 minutes
    Servings: 1
    At Haven’s Kitchen, a café, cooking school and event space in New York City, they like to vary this Collins according to whatever fresh herbs are in season, infusing them into the simple syrup for a refreshing seasonal drink. Dried lavender, chamomile and dried hibiscus, which are available year-round, are also excellent choices. The recipe makes enough lavender-infused simple syrup for about 15 drinks.

Ingredients:

For the lavender simple syrup:

• 2 cups (16 fl. oz./500 ml) water
    • 3 Tbs. dried lavender
    • 2 cups (1 lb./500 g) sugar

• 1 1/2 oz. (45 ml) vodka or gin
    • 1 oz. (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
    • 3 oz. (90 ml) sparkling water, chilled
    • 2 thin lemon slices
    • 1 fresh lavender sprig (optional)

Directions:

To make the lavender simple syrup, in a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the water and lavender and bring to a boil. Add the sugar and cook, stirring, until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat and let the lavender steep in the liquid for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Pour the liquid through a fine-mesh sieve into a clear jar, pressing on the lavender with the back of a spoon to extract any liquid. Use immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.

To assemble a drink, in a cocktail mixer filled with ice, combine the vodka, lemon juice and 1 oz. (30 ml) of the lavender syrup and shake vigorously until well chilled. Strain into a highball glass or tumbler filled with ice. Top off with the sparkling water, garnish with the lemon slices and lavender sprig and serve immediately. Makes 1 drink.

Adapted from a recipe by Haven’s Kitchen, New York City

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 7:10 am