Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraq's top judge axed over ties to Saddam party

Bama Diva
    Bama Diva

Iraq's top judge axed over ties to Saddam party  Empty Iraq's top judge axed over ties to Saddam party

Post by Bama Diva Fri 15 Feb 2013, 8:55 am

Iraq's top judge axed over ties to Saddam party

Saudi Gazette - 15 February, 2013

Iraq’s panel tasked with purging government ranks of former members of Saddam Hussein’s party has removed the country’s top judge from his post because of alleged ties to the now-dissolved Baath party.

The deputy chief of the country’s Justice and Accountability Committee, Bakhtiar Omar Al-Qadhi, said Thursday that the decision to remove Chief Judge Medhat Al-Mahmoud from the Supreme Judicial Council was based on "strong evidence" supplied by parliament.

Al-Qadhi wouldn’t discuss the details, saying that Al-Mahmoud has 60 days to appeal.

After the US-led invasion that toppled Saddam in 2003, Al-Mahmoud was appointed supervisor for the Justice Ministry and in 2005 he took over the Supreme Judicial Council that oversees courts nationwide.

Seven killed in attacks

Attacks mostly targeting security forces north of Baghdad killed seven people Thursday, security and medical officials said, the latest in an uptick in nationwide violence.

Near the main northern city of Mosul, gunmen killed two brothers — a policeman and a soldier — inside their home, according to officials. The soldier was a bodyguard for Iraqi parliament Speaker Osama Al-Nujaifi.

Also close to Mosul, a roadside bomb targeting a police patrol killed two policemen and wounded one other.

And just north of Baghdad, separate shootings and bombings in Balad and Dujail left three people dead, including two anti-Qaeda militiamen, and seven people wounded.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 01 Jun 2024, 11:00 pm