Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Their families in Iraq and their children in Syria ... Painful stories of Yazidis

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Their families in Iraq and their children in Syria ... Painful stories of Yazidis Empty Their families in Iraq and their children in Syria ... Painful stories of Yazidis

Post by Rocky Mon 15 Mar 2021, 9:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[size=55][size=35]Their families in Iraq and their children in Syria ... Painful stories of Yazidis
    [/size]
    [/size]

• [ltr] March 15, 2021 - 7:00[/ltr]

• [ltr][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/ltr]

• [ltr] Views: 677[/ltr]

[size]
      Sumer News: Baghdad ..[/size]
    Dozens of Yazidi women are seeking to take back their children, whom they gave birth to while being sexually enslaved and raped by ISIS terrorists.  
    The New York Times confirmed that the mothers' attempt to retrieve their children exposes them to great risks, because the traumatized Yazidi community rejects this, given that the children are the children of ISIS fighters who slaughtered thousands of Yazidis and captured 6,000 others.  
    Elderly Yazidis said they would not accept the children returning to society, and one assured that the children would be at risk of being killed if their mothers brought them home.  
    The plight of these women, who escaped almost unimaginable horrors during five years of captivity, is one of the many tragic and lesser-known margins in the story of the Islamic State's invasion of large parts of Iraq and Syria in 2014.  
    Painful choice  
    When the young women were released after the last piece of ISIS land in Syria fell two years ago, they faced a painful choice: If they wanted to return to their families in Iraq, they had to leave their children behind. Many of them were told that they would be able to visit their children, which did not happen. Many of the children were taken to the Kurdish-run orphanage.  
    Now they had to check again. The women who decided to cross the border into Syria last Thursday, to see their children and reunite them again, were forced to sever ties with their fathers and brothers and the villages they contacted.  
    “Nobody can really understand what a huge step these women took, what risks they took, and how incredibly brave they were,” said Dr. Noam Ghafouri, a Swedish Iraqi doctor who was instrumental in the transfer.  
    According to the newspaper, 9 mothers were reunited with 12 children during the past days, and about 30 other children remained, whose mothers either remained very afraid of asking them to return them or decided to keep them in the orphanage in northeastern Syria.  
    A difficult situation  
    One woman who returned to her 5-year-old daughter, left her elderly mother behind, said: “I have been crying for three days. I feel this is going to kill my mother. She is a mother who will die for me like I die for my daughter. This is a very difficult situation for me. ".  
    Currently, nine women and 12 children are hiding in a safe house in an unknown location in Iraq. The reunion organizers have promised to seek refuge in a western country, and they fervently hope others will take in. About 20 other mothers with children are watching in the Syrian orphanage to see how things are going.  
    Former US diplomat Peter W. Galbraith said he spent more than a year trying to obtain approval to allow some women to bring their children back to Iraq, a task delayed by the pandemic.  
    Baba Sheikh Ali Elias, the supreme Yazidi religious authority, said in an interview this week that bringing the children of ISIS terrorists to Sinjar would destroy the Yazidi community.  
    "It is very painful for us. The fathers of these children killed the fathers of these survivors. How can we accept them?"  
    He pointed out that Iraqi law states that the son of the Muslim father is Muslim, so the children cannot be considered Yezidis. Because the Yazidi faith does not allow converts, even if Iraqi law permits conversion from Islam.  
    Another Yazidi leader, Amir Hazem Tahseen Bey, confirmed that the children would be in danger if they returned with their mothers. "Families can tolerate women, but they will not tolerate their children," he said. Asked if this meant that children could be killed, he said that was a possibility.  
    Nadia Murad, a Nobel Peace Prize laureate and survivor, said she believed that women should be allowed to decide whether or not to be reunited with their children.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 31 May 2024, 5:33 pm